Current in a DC motor with a commutator (1 Viewer)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Does the current switch direction when the rotor coil is vertically upwards (when there is no electrical connection). Can someone explain this to me?

Bob99

temporarylol hater
HSC
Does the current switch direction when the rotor coil is vertically upwards (when there is no electrical connection). Can someone explain this to me?
When the coil is completely vertical, there is no current in it, it uses its inertia to complete its spinning path until an electric connection is established again. Which is when the current is flowing again and the cycle continues. (if im not mistaken)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
yh I get that - put when a commutator is in place, what is the point in which the current is reversed so as to maintain constant torque direction @Bob99 ..... just asking since this is when the rotor coil switches its electrical contacts with the brushes....

Bob99

temporarylol hater
HSC
yh I get that - put when a commutator is in place, what is the point in which the current is reversed so as to maintain constant torque direction @Bob99 ..... just asking since this is when the rotor coil switches its electrical contacts with the brushes....
that occurs as soon as the coil passes the 90º mark relative to the B field. or like when the coil passes the 12'o clock position

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)