Current policies regarding External Stability. (1 Viewer)

clairebennet

HSC
I'm doing an assignment on External Stability and am finding it difficult to find current government policies relating to External Stability.

I realise much of government policy can affect external stability indirectly but are there any specific policies I should be aware of?

At the moment i'm looking at policy relating to:

- National savings policies (such as Superannuation Guarantee, too bad the recent policies aren't being implemented until like 2019 or something...)
- The RBA's role in controlling the strength of the $AUD (yet this is still fairly indirect)

Can anyone point in the right direction in terms of direct policies?

ludac

HSC
Well external stability refers to CAD and stuff. Aust has persistent CAD becuase we have the lowest rate of saving. So the one way can fix this is compulsory superannuation as it will increase savings but you dont get money till you like 60 or somethin. Govt can reduce house prices so we dont have much mortgage debt, this will aslo increase savings and will reduce international investment and improve our CAD. As with your RBA it can foreign holdings of currency to change value of AUS$ and maintain stability. I hope this hepls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)