Custom PC vendors Alienware, Voodoo PC (1 Viewer)

huangker

Crammer
HSC
Has anyone every ordered from vendors like Alienware or VoodooPC? Are they any good? What are you paying a premium for? It seems to me like they only thing they do is an extra paintjob.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Nope, for that price i build a super computer by myself. You basically paying for the extra-super-awsome case and just extra stuff on your componets that you dont really need.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Alienware is overpriced. I'm sure they make quality PCs, but the main point is bang/buck is very low.

Voodoo PC.. those guys are certainly a king of luxury PC. Two months back, I saw an 'extreme CF' system........ for $15k (UNITED STATES OF AMERICA DOLLARS). I thought to myself 'This better be the mother of all gaming towers'. Yes, it was just the tower, so I was wondering how on Earth could any gaming tower cost $15k. So I read the specs - with the main points being:

X6800 Conroe
2GB DDR2
1x X1950XTX
X-Fi XtremeMusic

Yes, that's right folks, a tower advertised as a Crossfire monster for 15k only really meant 'Crossfire capable'. All of this for flippin' 15k. So yeah, this is undoubtably the most outrageously priced gaming tower I've ever seen in my life.. and I'm sure this absurd 'luxury' price would reflect similarly on many of their other 'extreme' models.

Sefi

HSC
Alienware's strong point is laptops, although you'll have a hard time getting one here (they only do surface deliveries in N/S America).
I agree with their towers being overpriced, but their laptops are definately worth it. A while back i was looking for a laptop, and, even after price conversions, the alienware was cheaper than a comparable dell.
But...theres always the problem of the power supply (120V against our 240, stuff tends to explode).
If it's a tower, I'd say build it yourself, that way you can get exactly what you want, and although it takes a while to shop around, your wallet will thank you when it's over

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)