Cut-Offs for 2005 here! (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Bachelor of arts and sciences 78 or so!!! This shocked me, as i applied for the course as 1st pref with a uai of 92.75. Now I'm considering not doing it

zhongie

HSC
Yeah...but on the info day, the dean had said that they were looking to keep the UAI of that course lower than arts...

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
yea my friend got 95 and got into that sci\arts
she's shattered

so whats ur opinions on why everythin seemed to drop so hard?
seems to me they did quite abit at most uni's

berghousemaa

HSC
I don't see how it matters what the UAI cut off for arts and sciences was. I got 93.35 and got in and I don't have any regrets. The cut off doesn't matter because the subjects you do will be held by the faculty of arts, sciences, economics and law. That means that you won't be in classes full of "mediocre" students who do arts and sciences, but rather classes with people who do maybe bachelor of advanced arts or commerce law, both courses with high UAI cut offs.

Kulazzi

HSC
yes!!!! Fashion and Textiles went down by 1.15! That's excellent! :uhhuh: Now I need to change my sig!

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
I think the reason why some of the higher UAI courses dropped so hard was because less people applied for it simply coz they thought the likely UAI cut off was too high for them to apply for, and becuase of the decrease in demand... the UAI's dropped. And besides, less people applied for a UAI this year... so while the standards of work were higher causing some people to get harshly done over, becuase less people were trying to get into uni the cut-offs didnt need to be so high?

truespirit_jj

I am very surprised that the cut-off score for Medical Science at Sydney Uni has dropped from 94.45 to 93.00! I expected for the very least for the score to go up...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
USYD has a lot more places to offer on main campus due to the closure of the Orange campus and the Nursing campus.

Lainee

HSC
I suspect that the significant drops across the board have their origins in family finances and student ability to afford tertiary education. If this was the case, it's really a sad outcome for the Australian education system.

And as for the drop in UNSW law; very unexpected. If anything, I was expecting a rise to around 99.4-99.5 and a slight drop in USYD law. In these upper UAI bands, a 0.05 mark drop makes a huge difference. I am curious to know the reasons for this peculiar decline in popularity for UNSW law (I assumed the drop was due to demand influences, since I have not heard of alterations in the number of places available) especially when UNSW law declined to raise HECS fees for the time being, while USYD upped their fees by the full 25%.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
stoydgen, I disagree.
There are 12 preferences for a reason.
People usually put rediculous ones for the first two or so. I put in bach of arts media and com (syd uni) with my uai of 92.75.

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
Most of the business courses ( especially at UWS) went down . Only a hand full or so went up or stayed the same.

The biggest drop I saw was a 9.2 and that was a business course at UWS

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Timesplitter 01 said:
Most of the business courses ( especially at UWS) went down . Only a hand full or so went up or stayed the same.

The biggest drop I saw was a 9.2 and that was a business course at UWS
B GEne Sci at UWs last year i think was 80 something, this year low 60's, thats a drop in more than 20 UAI pts!

theone123

blue essence
HSC
this year's trend is really weird.

maybe because of the lower students wanting to go to uni + the extra places the government offered (which is 7000) cause the major chance.

phizz

aka: Philly Cheese
HSC
wow - CSUs Computer science (game tech) went down about 10! from last year:

"251907 B Computer Sc (Games Tech) 75.35 (V)"

Thats nuts, I could have slacked off on my studies and still get in.

No idea why it droped that much, I thought it was a popular corse.

Acid

HSC
I posted this in another thread but i'll post it again here just in case anyone knows anything about it.

What was the EAS cutoff for Comm/Law at UNSW? I had a UAI of 97.7 + I got accepted for access but still didn't make it in. I'm happy with regular Commerce (get to do 2 majors), but i'm just curious as to how high the cutoff was.

Note: I'm talking about the cut-off for EAS students, not the regular one...

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Well, it cant be higher that 98.95 since my friend got in with EAS.

Grandor

Aspiring Army Officer
HSC
theone123 said:
B GEne Sci at UWs last year i think was 80 something, this year low 60's, thats a drop in more than 20 UAI pts!
wow, thats a pretty big drop.

--hiphop--

1Time4thePpl said:
Bachelor of arts and sciences 78 or so!!! This shocked me, as i applied for the course as 1st pref with a uai of 92.75. Now I'm considering not doing it
Yeah i was similarly suprised at the Bach of arts and sciences course at sydney being 78. But then again, it wasn't in the UAC guide and had only been known via letters to those applying for b arts/b scince. That combined degree also dropped substationally from 89 to 83. So i could have got into either, but went for bach of arts and sciences, bascially cause i get to do some law units and subjexts from the economics/bussiness/government falculty, and it's only 3 years not 5. I reckon it's a pretty awesome course and in the years to come the UAI for it will shoot up significantly.

Also, at sydney they had opened up at least another 200 seats in the science department which may have been a contributing factor for the Bach of science going from 85 to 81.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)