Cut the jokes, or get flushed - SMH Article (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

P_Dilemma said:
So the problem is student apathy... I don't disagree, i walk around and see a lot of it. So what can we do about it?

p__D
Just so we're clear, I'm also alluding to the huge amounts of international students.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
IhasaFlavaFlav said:
What has MUSRWG done? Nothing...

How long has it taken to do nothing? Forever...

There is one thing that brings students together more than anything else, the poster sale.
Lol that or free food...uni students love a sausage sizzle

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
P_Dilemma said:
So the problem is student apathy... I don't disagree, i walk around and see a lot of it. So what can we do about it?

p__D
Entertain them with card tricks then steal their wallets, duh.

IhasaFlavaFlav

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Just so we're clear, I'm also alluding to the huge amounts of international students.
But even I've got to the point where I'm like who gives a fuck, what ever I do it won't change a thing.

Monstar

HSC
P_dilemma said:

p__D
PwarYuex said:
"Are you stupid Uriel? Japanese people dont have souls"

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Ahh, that is a good point. Can't believe i forgot about them. So are you also "alluding" that we reject them and kick'em out?

AsyLum said:
Entertain them with card tricks then steal their wallets, duh.
What an awful, evil, apathetic suggestion! Two wrongs don't make a right! :argue:

And they're so loaded anyway they're not likely to notice. Apathy wins again :cold:

p__D

X

xeuyrawp

IhasaFlavaFlav said:
But even I've got to the point where I'm like who gives a fuck, what ever I do it won't change a thing.
I wonder that if the university changed apathy for the better, would it make the "culture" worse? Ie, the campus and staff have a laid-back feel - would proper politics wreck that?

I'd hope not, but it's certainly a possibility. I'm also disconcerted with the VC's lack of involvement in the uni. The Provost's changes were completely done in her office, and weren't even stamped, consulted, edited, approved, etc etc, by the VC's office - it's like all he cares about is research and the big bucks.

p_dilemma said:
Ahh, that is a good point. Can't believe i forgot about them. So are you also "alluding" that we reject them and kick'em out?
Not sure about the solution yet - just thought I'd identify the problem.

IhasaFlavaFlav

HSC
I was just hoping for a level of engagement and politics which meant that holding an event could actually work and student groups could function properly, also students actually had a voice on campus that would be listened to and called upon for input in certain (not nessecarily all) decision making.

I think that the Student Publication was made in response to negative feedback The Word received. I normally like to blow my own horn here but I think the large number of students that turned up to nearly every meeting about The Word was the main force behind a new paper.

As for MUSRWG, I don't even know what the fuck is going on, so how am I meant to care or even support. As good as the individual students are it is pretty much a numbers game.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You know what would get more students interested?

Free alcohol.

Kegs

HSC
Speculum editorial team quits
Current Affairs from 2SER FM, Sydney, Australia.
August 27, 2008 03:33 AM PDT

The editors of Speculum, a student publication based at Macquarie University, have quit in protest against what they consider to be editorial interference by “U at MQ”, the student services organization that financed the paper.

Their decision to quit has gained considerable media attention, as any form of censorship will turn heads.

The former editors are claiming that U@MQ were making constant demands, screening every article and removing what they considered to be in bad taste.

This report from 2ser’s Nick Hollins begins with with Deirdre Anderson, the Chief Executive of U@MQ.

http://2ser.podomatic.com/entry/eg/2008-08-27T03_35_43-07_00

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Roflmao, measuring readership by the approximate numbers left on the green stalls :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)