• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cutoffs reduced? (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I heard very briefly today on Sunrise (I think) that international student enrollments this yr have "plummeted" and this could consequently mean that the uai cutoffs at various places may be lowered. Anyone else hear this?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah, but I think it would mean that they'd have more placements than they expected :. lower entrance scores.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Interantionall students pay a bit more than the local full-fee students but their cut offs are the same

Lower UAI cut-off = Happy kim :)

EDIT: I checked the uac guide again, sorry. some courses are higher than local full-fee and some are lower

Last edited:

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i watched sunrise today, nup i didnt hear nething.

i saw da part where they were sitting on a balcony

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
I don't think the dropping international student enrolment will have any direct/immediate impact on local UAI cutoffs, because they are completely separate quota systems. The government/unis would need extra money if they are to fund more HECS places. In fact a drop in international enrolment implies that they need to find that extra money from somewhere else. I reckon they'll probably increase the number of full-fee places to cover that up. BTW, the demand from local enrolment is also dropping this year (down by over 2000), not that it'll have any impact on UAI cutoffs. In fact the cutoff depends on individual course programs. For some degrees they set a cutoff beforehand, and even if there are still vacancies after taking all applicants with the required UAI, they won't lower the cutoff mark so that they can take more ppl. So let's hope that your top preferences don't work that way :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)