CVEN2002 in summer (1 Viewer)

drainbammage

HSC
Could anyone who's done CVEN2002 comment on the difficulty of the course? I enrolled in it over the summer, and I'm worried now because its completely online and i see in the course outline that there is a major programming assignment and I dont know anyone that is also doing or has already done the course. Since I was able to get through the ENGG1811 assignments because of the discussions of solutions with my friends that also did the course.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Although I am doing CVEN2002 in my current semester, I don't think I can help you because I had no programming assignment this semester for numerics which was really weird since pretty much every other semester had one. Obviously dependent on the lecturer for that strand which I noticed has changed pretty frequently over the past few years. Are you looking at course outlines for previous years or is this for the upcoming summer?

Also, just checked the course content for numerics... My current semester only learns 6 assessable topics (!) including Taylor Series, Finite Differences, Root Finding, Linear Eqns/Matrices, Interpolation/Extrapolation and Numerical Integration. Numerical differentiation was seemingly scrapped, and we did PDEs in the last lecture which is not going to be assessed at all. We've literally only done half of what previous cohorts have done... Statistics strand is same as usual however.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)