D&M or Simple (1 Viewer)

whitey89

HSC
After talking to alot of people at schools and previous art express people they all had really meaningful art works. I was planing to make a simple art video on something i like doing. Thats a good enough meaning behind it isnt it? I really dont see the point of making a meaningful art work, it seems so arty farty.
What do you guys think?

kit scara

Lyres Lair, just past the pink baloon tied to the
HSC
Simple comes first, bullshiteing later. If you're doing a work for a whole year, you get more and more complicated ideas about it, as you go, as to the meaning behind it. Mine started off being just a body, that's all, and then it developed into this whole thing about Icarus and the dominance of the body over your conscious self when you sleep, and all these weird things. My theory is, if you need an essay to explain your work, it's an essay with a visual rep, it's not an artwork.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I agree with Kit, start off simple and make sure your work has technical strength, THEN, once you're done, you can bullshit something about it that makes it deep and meaningful. A girl from my school two years ago was nominated for art expresswith the simplest idea ever: people walking. She did a series of paintings analysing groups of people walking.

geeismyname

HSC
It is better to start simple and build on that. My art video started out being a simple idea but eventually became quite complicated unintentionally. Build on it as you go, its the easiest way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)