D&T Major Design Project...Ideas? (1 Viewer)

EllenyAngel

HSC
I'm only in year 11 but I've been thinking about what I can do for my Major Desgin project next year and I've got a couple ideas. They are:

1) Designing a flower girl dress that has everything (dress, jewellery, tiara and anything except the shoes)

2) Designing a couple of sets of jewellery with matching bracelets, necklaces and earrings.

I can't think of anything else but if you can give me some ideas for the existing ideas or if you can give me some other ideas I will be forever in your debt LOL!:)

Virtuoso Soup

HSC
im designing a drive thru hardware store. if you want to do well in this course, itll be best to do things that have never been done before. innovative will be your word of the year. if you choose the right project that is innovative, there is a greater chance of not getting raped by markers.

timove

HSC
yea sorry elleny but im with virtuoso on this because if u design something in the norm it as applealing and catchy to the marker like with add's u only remeber the random funny ones not the norm, however im totaly for the whole have an idea early as im in yr 11 as well and was thinking of making like a beach buggie however it's proberly more appealing if it was to be solar powered but the only thing about that is that it makes more work for me which is the down side

soul_VL

HSC
yeah as the guys said before make sure it hasnt been done.. innovative gets the best rewards.

Also a HUGE TIP from me, make sure u are really interested and keen on the idea. its one of the only things that will keep you pushing till the end, im doing something that relates to my hobby, and ill be using it after school.
You need to have some thing that will motivate you

dbf064

HSC
As said by soul_vl be interested in your idea, thats prob the thing that will make your MDP as easy as possible.

Secondly start as soon as you can in y12 and aim to have it finished a couple of months early if you can so you can improve it and get top marks. Plus this would give you more time to study for the trials etc, rather than finishing off your MDP.

Thirdly keep a diary of everything you do, think, spend etc. on your MDP. Start using it as soon as you begin y12 it just makes management so much easier.

Dont make a massive project (like the desk i'm making), you dont want the practical side of your MDP to be too time consuming.

Hope you do the above better than I did...

A few ideas:
- A dress to be worn by a performer in a concert. (Kylie Minogue or someone like that). Room for creativity.
- A piece of furniture made only of recycled materials/items. There's a place at Marrickville 'Reverse Garbage' worth looking at for materials. This would provide plenty of recycling, innovation, creativity for your MDP. And it would be fairly inexpensive.

Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)