D&T Portfolio Help (1 Viewer)

namesAsh

HSC
In my mind, the portfolio will end up to be a messy diary with well written entries in one section then the next will be a sudden change because I came across a problem and needed to change it.

I was just wondering how one would generally set out the all-important folio in terms of the layout of the primary sketches and the ongoing evaluation as well as everything in between, especially during the production phase.

Thank you in advance,
Ash

benlomond

HSC
N/A
The problem with standard layouts on the folio is that the project becomes more about how good your folio is, rather than how good your overall project (folio included) actually is.

The latest Board of Studies Assessment and Reporting document for HSC DT gives the required headings for any folio on the last page (file attached).

I reckon the key is to be as creative as you can within these stated headings. That way you have addressed the required criteria, but also given yourself a chance to express yourself. Messy drawings may not get you far, but sketches organised into logical order will do better.

You can also check out a podcast on www.nouspod.com where a DT teacher talks about ways of handling these issues. Well worth a listen. You can download it for free.

kBOS

HSC
N/A
i HATE the new 40/80 folio page limit its killing me! are people pretty much finished their folio's or still got A LOT to do? I feel like I'm so behind on the whole subject - we have a few weeks till it's due!!!!

namesAsh

HSC
Wheww... I haven't logged in over a year

On topic:
I've just been following a bunch of headings and subheadings in the criteria while using The Leading Edge text book (school stuck with me it) as a guideline on how to set out different sections. Its just a guideline, a suggested way to organise your folio I don't really think there is a proper way to set it out as long as the content is there attached with your own creative flare I don't see why anyone would lose marks.

I'm assuming most of us will be using Word for the folio by all means do so (I am) but people may want to look into In-Design afterwards which can make the folio look that much better with a little more creativity on how to position texts, headings and images. Its obviously not neccessary but the effort may go a long way.

@kBOS
YES! The 80 page limit is working as a double edged sword for me and its 80 pages INCLUDING sheets used in display so if you're running short on pages for your display use a multimedia device (like those digital photoframes) and present a slideshowup to 6mins which don't count as pages and helps with your display presentation.
Don't feel bad, man. I'm only on 31 pages hoping to go for 65-70 pages. Counting down the days til August 20...

@fakermaker
The post was over a year ago, I'd send you the PDF but I don't have it anymore sorry.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)