Dada and Futurism Assessment (1 Viewer)

Ambi

Hey, I'm doing an assessment on the impact of Futurism and Dada. Anyone elso doing anything along those lines?

Plus, is anyone doing two major works? I'm doing D&T and Art, and its killing me. what is everyone doing for their BOW?

P*O*R*T*I*A

HSC
I did drama, art, music and history extension.....ma ha ha ha
yes...life for us major work freeks has been painful has it not?

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
mmm we've got an assessment due soon. heres the essay question (help appreciated):
“The critic and historian Robert Hughes called his book on art in the Twentieth Century ‘The shock of the New’. In doing so he was recognizing the fact that artists were producing work that was radical, different, and challenging to the traditions of pictorial representation.”
Discuss this interpretation of Modern Arts, considering the way in which artists may have strived in their work for the element of “newness”.
Consider how this element of “difference” or “invention” could have become an end in itself for many artists.
Refer to specific examples of artists, artworks and art movements in youth response

mittens

HSC
fi_babezy said:
mmm we've got an assessment due soon. heres the essay question (help appreciated):
“The critic and historian Robert Hughes called his book on art in the Twentieth Century ‘The shock of the New’. In doing so he was recognizing the fact that artists were producing work that was radical, different, and challenging to the traditions of pictorial representation.”
Discuss this interpretation of Modern Arts, considering the way in which artists may have strived in their work for the element of “newness”.
Consider how this element of “difference” or “invention” could have become an end in itself for many artists.
Refer to specific examples of artists, artworks and art movements in youth response
i dont like ur question! ok so ur looking at it from a conceptual frame point of view, right. look into artists of their own style, like:

1) hugo ball and his interpretation of dadaism in music, if you look into the artist a little more you'll find out how his life was the source of his musical expression aimed at communicating a new core meaning that is found in the music he created himself, the idea behind that is that in searching for a new ground on which to base his tunes, he decided to incorporate a growing movement that was actually ment to be a rebellion into the form of voices... these voices overlapped and solo form the notes of the piece and personally i dont like it but the intent is there.

i'll post some more artists seperately cause otherwise it wont let me send them...it will amount to too much info

mittens

HSC
the next artist to consider is man ray...

he developed the rayographs, the... ok i just had the biggest mental blank! not that u could tell but it's ok! anyway, man ray created a whole lot of strange artworks, some were simple photos manipulated to some relevance or another, must say i didnt understand a whole lot of his works, but his rayographs are very dada aswell, to tie this in with your question he was influenced by marcel duchamp, salvador dali, picasso and heaps of others, and from their influence he started creating his own works to bring his rayographs as something new to the table... hope that made sence.

mittens

HSC
next: tristan tzara, also a poet like hugo ball and kurt schwitters, tzara's poems revealed the anguish of his soul, caught between revolt and wonderment at the daily tragedy of the human condition. his world was what influenced his art more than the artworld and the critics and art historians but u get that! dunno if hes relevant or not

mittens

HSC
thats just another look at dadaism, it's reminiscent in music but funnily enough that dimension is starting to become accepted as an art so go figure i guess, seperate subjects but craft is not accepted anywhere other than wood and metal works eh! lol urgh, dunno much about futurism so cant help u there... gtg now would say more guess u can just google futurism then grab artists and look em up... look for unusual stuff id say... well best of luck... ciao

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
thanks!!!! Yes it is a strange, big question. We'e just finished going through the art periods from ancient art to modern movements. So i guess he wants us to refer to specific movements in chronological order- and whilst doing this refer to aome artists within that movement (refer to their works etc), uh and then we have to list sources grrrrr and QUOTES in the 50minutes.

Is three pages enough- my writing is like 9-13 words/line

mittens

HSC
for sure, sounds great, how brief are your examples of art movements? lol i dunno if 3 pages is enuf 2 cover everything but u cant judge on how much u write u have to judge on what you have actually written about... that's a much better way to judge 'enuf' and that echoes through the rest of ur theory aswell... thats just wot the teachers told me... i've finnished school now but if u have any questions i dont mind anyone asking cause i adore art, its fast becomming a hobby of mine to learn about different artists and their practices, their works and their influences... but thats just me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)