DAILY TELEGRAPH - Top 200 schools (1 Viewer)

frootloop

HSC
Trebla said:
That's a fantastic result and it raises the bar for us as class of 2006.
I'd like to see where sefton came in Maths....Class of 2005 had:
53 Distinguished Achievers in Mathematics
52 Distinguished Achievers in Mathematics Extension 1
15 Distinguished Achievers in Mathematics Extension 2
I hope this is just the beginning of Sefton's rise up and cracking the Top 20 is our aim. Sefton has not been in the Top 20 since 2000! The only thing is, that there is (so far) no Hong Hui or David Ong type of person in our grade......
According to the SMH Honour Roll Lift out... Sefton came 18th for maths!!!

BUT... the list also includes schools that had tiny candidatures (1 student did maths... and 1 student got over 90 in maths lol *cough* Lumen Christi Catholic College *cough*)... so I'd say that Sefton is actually about 15/16th for maths. :uhhuh:

Don't ask about how we went for English though hahahahahahahahahaha! :eek:

tigergal

Wests Tigers Supporter
HSC
HNCS said:
Um..correction..our principal is going to Ascham Girls..thus not dissapointed..she's going to get so much money over there...= =
there were many reasons for her departure, money was believe it or not rather insignificant. As i said she wasnt dissapointed by the results so seeing as you werent at our school this year, don't make comments on our behalf please.

I guarantee you that we are a far more consistent school as shown by previous 10 years of high results than people are giving credit for after one not as great year... but really even at 5th we still beat a lot of schools and if you are only coming to our school to try and use it to get a good uai and think thats all the school is for then maybe you should think again because we are more than a uai.

In saying that, welcome to our school, i am sure you will love it.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
bradc1988 said:
They'll probably be released just as you finish....

I wonder if Canterbury Boys' made it on the list....
yeah, 1 above McDonald college (I think we got worse this year....) at 144th

Oh and blue roses, I went to SGHS for a while, but would have graduated in the year above you

Last edited:

milton

HSC
glitterfairy said:
SCHOOL/EXAMS SAT/DA/%
1. James Ruse ---1159, DA: 760, 65.57%
2. Hornsby Girls HS --- 725, DA: 368, 50.76%
3. Baulkham Hills HS --- 1228, DA: 606, 49.35%
4. Sydney Girls HS --- 1016, DA: 491, 48.33%
5. North Sydney Girls HS --- 1020, DA: 481, 47.16%
6. North Sydney Boys HS --- 968, DA: 417, 43.08%
7. St George Girls HS Kogarah --- 971, DA: 396, 40.78%
8. Sydney Grammar School --- 1216, DA: 487, 40.05%
-----

Among the selective schools there are a few rising stars. Hornsby Girls has jumped from sixth in 2003 (glitternote: we were 4th in 2004) to second place this year. If ever a school might give James Ruse a nudge for top position it will be Hornsby Girls.
forgive me for my lack of modesty, but i think its quite unlikely that ANY school is able to give JR a nudge for top position in the forseeable future. As the stats show, JR is a massive 15% ahead of the nearest school, while the Hornsby 2nd at 50% has 3 schools within 4% snapping at her heels. i would think Hornsby Girls would be more concerned at trying to maintain her 2nd position than trying to catch up to the out-of-reach leader.

karoooh

HSC
Wasn't it in the SMH? I'd scan it for you if I could, but I think I've already thrown it out... :eek:

HNCS

Fanatic
HSC
tigergal said:
there were many reasons for her departure, money was believe it or not rather insignificant. As i said she wasnt dissapointed by the results so seeing as you werent at our school this year, don't make comments on our behalf please.

I guarantee you that we are a far more consistent school as shown by previous 10 years of high results than people are giving credit for after one not as great year... but really even at 5th we still beat a lot of schools and if you are only coming to our school to try and use it to get a good uai and think thats all the school is for then maybe you should think again because we are more than a uai.

lol don't worry. I"m talking acutally not from NSGHS view point, but from another viewpoint. Because my father works at Ascham..so lol i have a pretty different position.
oh and don't worry, i'll have heaps of fun, because i never ever intended to get a perfect UAI...I"m just going for the environment...

Hm..about the list, I think i prefer SMH one..i had a good think about it, it's true, the daily telegraph..isn't really reliable. But..we do get the big picture. Lol.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
tigergal said:

Nsg is only there for uai purposes. Its public.

Kanzakimui

HSC
whitelove said:
I don't deny the fact that HGHS has done incredibly well this year. Good on 'em.
But they have not always been 4th, from my memory, their best rank has been 4 which only occured once.
However, Baulko have done well for the past few years. Ever since 2000, they have been in the state's top 5, where in year 2001, they were ranked 2nd for the very first time. Now it seems as though they're holding onto their position.
Isn't it funny though how noone really considers HGHS a smart school? It's always been known as one of the shittier selectives...whereas Baulko is given a lot of credit. And I too believe that Baulko has definitely more students achieving higher UAIs than HGHS. Also, the majority of people prioritize Baulko to HGHS when applying for selective, because Baulko has always been known as the better selective. That tells me something......that HGHS does not kick Baulko's ass. AND I REPEAT, THE DAILY TELEGRAPH HAS NOT BEEN KNOWN AS A RELIABLE SOURCE AND WILL NEVER BE BECAUSE THEY JUST LOVE TO SENSATIONALISE.
boo hoo have a cry..
who gives a shit whether baulko came 2nd or 3rd.. if its there.. its there...
if u feel so strongly about it and love baulko so damn much.. call up daily telegraph
otherwise shut the hell up..

1qaz

It's really close between 2nd and 5th - but they're a long way behind ruse.

Ruse is still miles ahead...

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
i think the fact that hghs has had such a meteoric rise to the top from being a shite selective in recent years is what grabs media attention. they have come from nowhere to be one of the best schools in sydney. normo and hornsby became selective in the same year, yet normo is pretty much nothing but dumb junkies and alcoholics while hornsby is right up there with the best.

A l

HSC
N/A
It's interesting to note that Hornsby Girls High School offers English (Standard) and General Mathematics, while the only other selective school that offers them in the current top 10 is St George Girls High School.

belpen

A l said:
It's interesting to note that Hornsby Girls High School offers English (Standard) and General Mathematics, while the only other selective school that offers them in the current top 10 is St George Girls High School.
Personally, I feel that General Maths and Standard English are good choices - haven't we all been told, from the very start, stick to what you're good at? I know All Rounders with UAIS of 96+ who did both Standard and General - not that I can say, I didn't do maths at all and did 3u English, but still - My school deserves some cred - Loreto Kirribilli, 15th, what an amazing achievment considering we aren't selective at all.

billeh

HSC
hey, canterbury boys hs did quite well,
in previous years not even top 200
but look now

144. Cantebury Boys' HS --- 354, DA: 29, 8.10%

rofl .. they spelt our school name wrong
its canteRbury ..
with an R ...
omg ..

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
billeh said:
hey, canterbury boys hs did quite well,
in previous years not even top 200
but look now

144. Cantebury Boys' HS --- 354, DA: 29, 8.10%

rofl .. they spelt our school name wrong
its canteRbury ..
with an R ...
omg ..
that's another highschool, you guys came 564th.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)