(Dali painting) VISUAL = good/bad?! (1 Viewer)

mizbe

HSC
Hey guys

I have heard good and bad news about using visual texts, anyone have any ideas about this?

Is it a bad idea to do a visual text for imaginative journeys, will there be some bias against it in the marking?

I'm thinking of using "Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate One Second Before Awakening" by Salvador Dali, is there anybody else who used this text?

frangipani13

HSC
our teacher actually told us to make sure we had at least one visual text, even if its just the ivory trail from stimulus book, because it shows variety + need to be able to show markers that we can find techniques in variety of texts. if all ur texts were novels/poems it would look as though u don't read widely and stuff.

btw that is the longest title for a painting ever! itd certainly boost your essay length...

P

pLuvia

Nothing wrong with visual related texts unless they are related to your journey then it's fine. And also if you can analyze it well enough

MingGe

HSC
Visual texts are reali relavant to let the marker know that you have read widely so you can pwn them
Suck IT!

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
If you can be really artsy in your analysis of the artwork (consult an art student/teacher if you must - they know heaps on analysing artworks) then you can certainly do really well. My teacher said that the only bias out there against a text is the one against song lyrics. This is because most are too short and it's hard for most students to go in depth in their analysis, so they've come to associate song lyrics with dodgy marks.

mizbe

HSC
thanks a lot guys, that made me feel a lot better about the whole thing

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)