Dallas Gibson of Icarus College BANKRUPT? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahsSsS8

HSC
Apparantely this Dallas character is a bit dodgy... I read and heard that he has gone bankrupt THREE times with one of the times being now! He has been sued by MedEntry (another UMAT prep course- better in my opinion....) for copying their material and using it as his own. He was also sued by his ex-lawyers. Read more about it here: http://esearch.fedcourt.gov.au/Esearch?p=further_details&det=coa_order&mat_id=3527846.

I did this course, and im not surprised at all that Dallas is as shifty as he is. About 100 of us were waiting outside in the freezing cold as he went to get a key for the room that we were to use (he left it at home). Once we were inside, WE had to set up all the tables and chairs. AFTER setting up, we had to move all the tables and chairs to the other side of the room because he realised the projecter was there. I thought it would get better after that, but he went on to be rude, arrogant, domineering and intimidating to the students, mocking them and even embarrassing one student in front of everyone by telling him that there was 'always one hopeless kid in every course' when this boy had merely said that he was aiming for an ENTER score of 99.95. The day was uninteractive and often consisted of us copying down endless lists of definitions (that i never looked back on). Rather than productive learning, he used scare tactics and made us feel guilty if we got a question wrong.

Anyway, i just wanted to let the readers know that Dallas' course is misleading and a waste of money. As good or as bad as his course is, with him being bankrupt, he has nothing to lose.

smcoc

HSC
N/A
hahahahahahhaahahahah.
thats exactly what i was thinking:haha:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Oh crap i thought Marinababy left, oh wells at least the med forums won't be that inactive anymore.

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC
Is it a coincidence that marinababy conveniently pops up again when SarahsSsS8 just mysteriously comes along, makes one post and leaves? Reverse Psychology anyone?

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
partelephant said:
Is it a coincidence that marinababy conveniently pops up again when SarahsSsS8 just mysteriously comes along, makes one post and leaves? Reverse Psychology anyone?
You mean like some sort of preemptive strike in case somebody else found out and post it here first? Sounds possible.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
partelephant said:
haha, maybe SarahsSsS8 is really a "missed-entry' goon! Anyways I will be monitoring both, please report any incidences of inappropriate behaviour by them to me, etc.

sci.girl

VCE IS DONE!!:D (finally)
HSC
Wow, this is really confusing.
I am trying to decide whether to do umat prep, either with MedEntry or AMEPP and even some people on this site are advertising. Great. :mad1:

Do you guys think it is worth it to do the courses or not?
I wanted to just buy the standard prep. books from acer or wherever and do the umat, if I didn't do well in it, being a doctor/optometrist wasn't meant to be. However my mum reckons if a large proportion of kids doing prep, means I need to use a company to get ahead.
Let me know your opinion please?:eek:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
sci.girl said:
I am trying to decide whether to do umat prep, either with MedEntry or AMEPP and even some people on this site are advertising. Great. :mad1:

I wanted to just buy the standard prep. books from acer or wherever and do the umat, if I didn't do well in it, being a doctor/optometrist wasn't meant to be. However my mum reckons if a large proportion of kids doing prep, means I need to use a company to get ahead.
This is all my opinion so take is with a grain of salt.

There is no direct link between doing prep courses and doing well at UMAT. UMAT isn't a test where you can really prepare for material wise, I found that doing questions only helped with being acquainted with the style of questions that will be asked. Also, I bought prep course materials, procrastinated and didn't get to do all of them while one of my friends studied the prep material really hard and guess what? I got a better UMAT and trust me, she did way better in the HSC than me so she's no dummy either.

If you can afford it, sure do a prep course but it's no guarantee that you'll do well but if you can't afford it then it's no big deal. Also in my honest opinion, Med Entry would be the best bet in terms of prep courses but remember, sometimes, don't take their answers to questions to seriously coz some are quite dodge.

Also good luck with your journey to med. If you have any questions, this is always a good place to ask http://www.medstudentsonline.com.au/forums/index.php (not about prep though). Without this site, I'd probably not be in my dream course today.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
sci.girl said:

Medentry is better, Amepp material this year is recycled, they even tell you to do find the shape in the grid pattern questions even though they've been out for 2 years!!!

AznAssassin

~*BANKAI*~ Member
HSC
Wooz said:
Medentry is better, Amepp material this year is recycled, they even tell you to do find the shape in the grid pattern questions even though they've been out for 2 years!!!
Hey, yo!
I FULLY AGREE!
I am doing both dallas and AMEPP. I mean, the third book for AMEPP which has over 300 Q's on the grid pattern thing is COMPLETELY USELESS!!!

But the other books are neat.

AznAssassin

~*BANKAI*~ Member
HSC
sci.girl said:

It doesn;t matter which course you take. Try to avoid the dodgy looking courses. But i recommend either medentry, Icarus or AMEPP. They're the largest ones out there. Avoid the little ones like NIE etc.

AND ignore the two people arguing on this forum over medentry and icarus.
I am doing Icarus and I am about to attend th workshop in a few days. I'll go see for myself what it's like.

AznWhiteBoy

HSC
LOL you mite wanna actually not get burned i.e. pay icarus money. (pun intended)

desu ne?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
SarahsSsS8 said:
Apparantely this Dallas character is a bit dodgy...
A bit? No friend, you're slightly off rails with your judgment.
This man you speak of is corrupt you see? A liar, scammer n probably lacking an Australian citizenship (no racism intended).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)