Dallas UMAT prep course (1 Viewer)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
Hrm

As far as I know, the one requirement in the whole interview is that you be non judgemental.

Which makes a lot of sense.
imho, people shouldn't prepare. I mean, sure doctor'ing earns money etc, but like, you hafta have the right mentality.

:confused:
but then again, I'm bias against med. :-\

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Seabiscuit
Hehe i was the one who asked about the break on the first day. :S And the book i brought was Harry Potter (this is in case you happen to be the person i sat next to who also brought a harry potter book).

What about u? Which one were u?
did u sit next to this girl of indian/srilankan origin who kept shaking the bloody table???
cuz i was the one on the other side of her on the first day...i cant pronouce brusque..and on the second day i was the one down the front with the bad bed hair under a white beanie who dallas said was gonna tell me more about myself and he's like which first aid course have u done??/ DONT GIVE ME THAT SHIT!!!! im like im sorrrrry!! the senior one!! how often do u use it???/...everyday??? this girl uses it everyday...and then everyone laffed at me :( the pain of it all....do u have blonde hair??? cuz then i was prob the one like one desk down from u..on the first day.

Seabiscuit

HSC
Originally posted by fashionista
did u sit next to this girl of indian/srilankan origin who kept shaking the bloody table???
cuz i was the one on the other side of her on the first day...i cant pronouce brusque..and on the second day i was the one down the front with the bad bed hair under a white beanie who dallas said was gonna tell me more about myself and he's like which first aid course have u done??/ DONT GIVE ME THAT SHIT!!!! im like im sorrrrry!! the senior one!! how often do u use it???/...everyday??? this girl uses it everyday...and then everyone laffed at me :( the pain of it all....do u have blonde hair??? cuz then i was prob the one like one desk down from u..on the first day.
Hehehe! On the first day i sat next to some guy, but he was sitting next to i think the girl u described.. because my friend fits that description and she was sitting next to him, and in the afternoon of day 1 i sat next to her and she kept shaking the table. :p
I remember the first aid thing! That was funny! :p He was quite the bastard tho... i remember your white beanie! I think i was sitting like 2 seats up from you, cos i was in the 3rd row and i kept seeing ur beanie every time i looked down... (which was often cos i was trying to avoid eye contact with dallas) :/
But yeah.. i'm not blonde.. brown hair. was wearing green jacket thing...
Oh! On first day i asked him which uni course he thought was better, and he asked what i wanted to do, and i said i didnt know, and then he said some smart ass comment which i have erased from my mind.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
i liked him..i thought he was extremely motivating....he's got me stressing more than ever though. Yr 12 has made me turn so moody and snappy and...brusque (HEE HEE HEEE..oh i bring the funnies). damm beanie was itching my forehead like anything..but u know bed hair. What natio are you?? cuz if u were wearing red on the second day i know who u r.

littlemic21

Lurking In The Shadows
HSC
Originally posted by Seabiscuit
Hehe i was the one who asked about the break on the first day. :S And the book i brought was Harry Potter (this is in case you happen to be the person i sat next to who also brought a harry potter book).

What about u? Which one were u?
ahahha i was there... i brought harry potter too! PoA! when did u sit next to me? (if it was me) wat day?.. wat half?
im "Miko" by the way

Last edited:

jessum

HSC
aha i was there too! and my friend wanted to take harry potter, but my grandma said " noooo thats not a REAL novel!!" hehe so she had some retarded drama and i had dr zhivago. it was crap to do the reading things with.
fashionista, were u the one with the heaps ugly beanie who sat next to me and annoyed the crap out of me the whole time??
coz if u are.. im gunna bash ya :p

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
jessum...were u the one with the really ugly face?? cuz if u r....ummm...yeh im all out now
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p i like dr zhivago..he was hot in the movie..the recent one.

jessum

HSC
omg!! so ur that mole!!
yay
how funny were the people who kept pushing fencing
and the dude who asked if he should wear cologne
and the other retarded girl with the beanie
and who else..
the girl who borrowed my beanie and still hasnt given it back
grrrr

littlemic21

Lurking In The Shadows
HSC
Originally posted by jessum
how funny were the people who kept pushing fencing
ahaha that country kid was a dope...
how about adam... can u spell F A G !!!!! ahaha his choir and musicals
ohh and that really fukn dumb guy that kept on calling out!

Seabiscuit

HSC
Originally posted by littlemic21
ahahha i was there... i brought harry potter too! PoA! when did u sit next to me? (if it was me) wat day?.. wat half?
im "Miko" by the way
Hehe! I saw you on the UMAT forum! :p

Originally posted by fashionista
What natio are you?? cuz if u were wearing red on the second day i know who u r.
No... i was wearing green on second day as well.. (what? I have only one really warm jacket... *shifties*)

Hehe Adam was really smart... :S I was like... "damn u! u speak good!" And it was evil how dallas kept ignoring the guy who kept asking questions up the back. Stupid dallas...

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
dallas cracked me up sooo much..man all these pompous people got shot down sooooooo goood. like all those bloody people with doctor parents who go to private shools and have scholarships thought they were shoo ins.
hee heee "but what if u coach and umpire... for fencing??" ohh maaan some people brought the funnies *wipes tear*
and the girl who sat next to me on the second day (who ALSO had an epileptic fit with the table) who asked
"How do you know if your school has an entrance exam?" oh golly gosh

Seabiscuit

HSC
I dont get it.. why won't they accept wealthy people, people with doctor parents, or people who seem smart? How does doing fencing mean not getting into medicine? What exactly are these poeple looking for in a doctor? It can't just be leadership skills and empathy? :S

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
i think because the government knows these people wont work in rural areas..and will chose to work in urban, city areas...you know how he kept saying to people 'oh , you're playing the rural card' or 'you can put that bit about living in the country in'. The government is urging doctors to work in regional/rural areas coz there is a shortage there and not enough doctors are willing to work there...and surprise surprise the doctors who don't want to work there are wealthy, educated in city schools (selective schools and scholarships imply your parents earn a good living as employees in a city area...(i.e get lots of money and want to stay there..that's what dallas said)) therefore they are looking for people from the country who will more than likely want to stay there and fill the quota required for these areas.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i thought it was cos.. ppl who are wealthy are able to access more resources which is an advantage.. hence they dun try so hard..

and doctors kids should be the most advantaged by that reasoning.. but i still think that heaps make it in.. no difference.. just a pity my mum cant help me with diagnosis.. :S

Seabiscuit

HSC
But thats so stupid making it a wealth issue! If you're good, you're good. It shouldnt depend on whether there is another doctor in the family, or if u're wealthy, or if you do fencing or not.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
haha..
but med school isnt lik HSC.. there is not tutoring available...
u hav to actualli learn stuff..
if ure spoonfed cos u can afford to then ure not goin to do well..ppl in uni struggle with this.. esp some selective school ppl.. who jsut kno to memorize..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)