Damaged BOW anyone? (1 Viewer)

jesscorcoran

HSC
Today I went down to homebush bay to the marking centre, to pick up my body of work. I walked in and couldnt see my sculpture anywhere, as i thought they wouldn't pack it, since it was very fragile and we said we would pick it up. I was led to a box, i said "uhhmm, my sculpture definitely would not fit in this...?"

We opened up the box and inside was my sculpture pretty much in ruins.

I somewhat expected it to be slightly damaged, for as i said it WAS very fragile- but how damaged it was .. was ridiculous.

broken into pieces, totally no chance of salvaging it.

also, when they looked in their "damages book", there was no record of my work being damaged at all.

anyway, im going to take in photos of it to make sure i was marked fairly.

lucky i didnt have high hopes of it being in tact.

anyone else had damaged works returned from the centre, or picked up?

gong-guy

here i am
HSC
omg thats so bad i really hope mine dont get feral. mine were photos and were flat so they shouyld b ok but i hope there not bent or anything i hope mine done get lost as well. my teacher said that when she did her hsc and got her pots back from the marking centre they were all in pieces as well. so it must happen all the time ay i would be spewing.
i had no idea u could go and pick it up or anything so do u know when the ppl who had there bow marked in homebush find out if they got into art express?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Yeah, cause i did all the shit myself, I hope all my glue stuck, and my mounting didn't fuck up and the photos all peal off.

kristie87

HSC
gong-guy said:
omg thats so bad i really hope mine dont get feral. mine were photos and were flat so they shouyld b ok but i hope there not bent or anything i hope mine done get lost as well. my teacher said that when she did her hsc and got her pots back from the marking centre they were all in pieces as well. so it must happen all the time ay i would be spewing.
i had no idea u could go and pick it up or anything so do u know when the ppl who had there bow marked in homebush find out if they got into art express?
Mine was sent to homebush - and I found out I got nominated Tuesday this week. Hopefully that means that my BOW wasn't screwed around in transit...but we wrapped it in that much freaking bubblewrap...

But that so sucks about your sculpture, jesscorcoran! - d'you know if it was damaged before they marked it - or after they marked it?

Counterfeit

HSC
Mine got damaged before markeing ( i don tknow if they have been marked yet)

I hope they take general wear and tear into account... like the bloody thing has been dragged over the whole school, and been sitting in a room (undisturbed i hope!.. but i doubt that) for the last couple months gathering dust.

Because its charcoal that has a tendancy to fade when in sunlight, i hope they had sense to move it.

ANYWAY we had to put our works in a fucking exhibition for the school about a week after the due date, it suffered so badly, people had been touching it and smudging it and the frama on 2 pcitures came up, there were little ripped bits, and places where the careless movers had hit it in places... I chucked a spaz, i was hoping to just fix up some of the smudges and major tears before it got marked, but i havnt... sigh.

jesscorcoran

HSC
kristie87 said:
But that so sucks about your sculpture, jesscorcoran! - d'you know if it was damaged before they marked it - or after they marked it?
i dont know, it wasnt in the damage books or anything, and they didnt know either. I'm sending in photos to make sure it was marked right and everything. But yeah, i figure lots of the damage was done when they packed it, cos it was just squashed into this box...

soso

HSC
N/A
My teachers have an exhibition AFTER the works come back from marking.

One year the headmaster insisted on an exhibition before they went away. A student tripped on the stairs and smashed her work on the way down. Her parents were irate and blamed the teacher. Big scene in the bosses office and headmaster had to admit it was against the teachers wishes. Parents still wanted to blame the teacher. So no more exhibitions before they are sent away.

Remember the teacher is the one under pressure to have the exhibition even if they don't want to

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
My works got scratched a bit before I sent them off, it didn't affect my mark but maybe it affected the chance of them going to art express.

Counterfeit

HSC
soso said:
My teachers have an exhibition AFTER the works come back from marking.

One year the headmaster insisted on an exhibition before they went away. A student tripped on the stairs and smashed her work on the way down. Her parents were irate and blamed the teacher. Big scene in the bosses office and headmaster had to admit it was against the teachers wishes. Parents still wanted to blame the teacher. So no more exhibitions before they are sent away.

Remember the teacher is the one under pressure to have the exhibition even if they don't want to
haha geez.

Well i found out my works got marked TODAY...

I rang my teacher demanding why she didnt tell me, as i desperately had to repair atleast the frames so the stupid things wouldnt fall apart. Or re-do the bits that were smudged as allintricate detail was lost in the smudging. I needed 10 mins tops. Just to repair them to almost the condition they were in when i first handed them in.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT SHE SAID?

The fucking head of the department forbid her from ringing me, saying i should have completed by BOW before the due date, that i wasnt allowed to work on it.

Fucking hell, i didnt want to work on them, just fix the damage done at the fucking exhibition which i was so against. Why i complied i will never know. Maybe i wanted compliments and didnt want to miss my chance to display them.

I didnt argue though... i just hung up. I couldnt fathom words to express how disgusted and betrayed i feel.

Whats more our works were moved down to the bottom of the school to be marked, they proably got even more damaged along the way. The markers will be like "oh great, smudged, torn, this personally obviously cared about the condition of their work. Disgusting" and theyll fail me.

GRRR im fuming!

Oh well, say i did go well besides all this conundrum, if anyone from my class was nominated for art express when would they find out? Im not ringing my teacher to ask.

darkroomgirl

HSC
Jesscorcoran you poor thing... thats just slack!

Luckily mine's just flat as well. It's all photos but they're on three huge panels nearly my height (which isn't much cos I'm just over 5 feet two inches). I padded and packaged it myself, and me being really paranoid, I wrapped it in about 3 layers of bubble wrap (for EACH PANEL!), plus cardboard, and wax paper on top of the photos so they don't get scratched. I'm really scared coz there's some slight bubbles underneath (the big prints are stuck onto some sticky mounting board). I hope they don't get bigger... omg, now I'm freaking out...

arooshika...

HSC
my pictures were stuck on foamcore but when i recieved them, some were coming off...i was seriously very pissed but im happy it isnt torn or anything

im sorry about your sculpture though jesscocoran, the board of studies should pay!

cate_7x

HSC
Counterfeit said:
Mine got damaged before markeing ( i don tknow if they have been marked yet)

I hope they take general wear and tear into account... like the bloody thing has been dragged over the whole school, and been sitting in a room (undisturbed i hope!.. but i doubt that) for the last couple months gathering dust.

Because its charcoal that has a tendancy to fade when in sunlight, i hope they had sense to move it.

ANYWAY we had to put our works in a fucking exhibition for the school about a week after the due date, it suffered so badly, people had been touching it and smudging it and the frama on 2 pcitures came up, there were little ripped bits, and places where the careless movers had hit it in places... I chucked a spaz, i was hoping to just fix up some of the smudges and major tears before it got marked, but i havnt... sigh.

Yeah we had our exhibition before we sent the works away, and my teacher managed to significantly bend one of my mounted photographs... so I hope they take wear and tear into account too otherwise I'll hit her.

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
Don't HSC markers mark BOW at the school???

Never knew you had to send it in...lucky mines just gonna be VAPD and a DVD

shortie_689

HSC
that really sucks... here was i bitchin an moanin last yer about when i got it back from art express it was slightly ruined an marked but that is so terrible thats really rude... I would be devastated

yesgentlemen

Sexbox
HSC
youre jess as in 'joe knows jess'
blaxland high? or at least, you know some people i know blah blah.
that really sucks about your work, i hope you follow it up.

chockie

HSC
yeah we had an exhibition at school before they were marked too.

our works were moved by yr 9 kids without us knowing...part of mine was broken off and lost. I couldn't replace it either...it was a volcanic rock i'd found on some remote beach in New Zealand when i was about 7. I ended up sticking a shell in there instead. But i think exhibitions should definitely be AFTER marking...so much can go wrong.

Hols87

we had our exhibition before they got sent off too!!! our didnt seem to be so bad apart from a kid shaking this hand a guy made, it came out from his canvas, and some kid decided to shake it! it came off a bit but he was able to fix it when the exhibition was over. our works were going to be moved by the younger years if we werent there on the day, so i took time off class just so i knew i could bring it over to the library myself.
im so sorry to hear about peoples being damaged due to other people thats sucks, i mean if you accidently did it yourself its your fault but other people thats just horrible. good luck for tomorrow guys....

shortie_689

HSC
Yeah my friend was devastated when her work she had it all mounted an framed an shit an when they hung it on the wall they didnt make it stable an it fell off the wall an all the corners got bent up an shit in the exhibition

jesscorcoran

HSC
yesgentlemen said:
youre jess as in 'joe knows jess'
blaxland high? or at least, you know some people i know blah blah.
that really sucks about your work, i hope you follow it up.
haha, who says "joe knows jess"?
that's a funny thought, someone saying that, it sounds awkward.
yeah, it's being followed up, im a bit bitter towards BOS, but oh well, i wasnt intent on keeping it.

the senior marker was spose to look at it yesterday.. hopefully it bumps my mark up or something, heh heh heh.

congrats on being sidelined btw, leila, it'd be cool if you get in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)