damn engineers, why is this forum so dead???? (1 Viewer)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Hi,

damn is it that already all the first year engineers dropped out already? WTF is this????

geez, u ppl shud try harder and not drop out instantly!!!

im on my internship atm and stripping wires for 7 hrs = )

Logistics

HSC
I know the UTS section is dead in general. What other UTS forums are there?

I feel sorry for you man 7hours of stripping thats bad. How many days/weeks you into it?

Are you looking forward to your speech next semester to present to a 'few' students and staff :p

I got my internship next semester.

I'm doing the EPP1 we're up to the interview and it's crap lol. Not only do I need to make questions up but also read book and websites for related info :(

Come to think of it, maybe you can help me out with it, since you done it :D

Maybe I could have your copy to help me out :)

P.S I check the forum daily to see if there's any new posts :)

MoNNiE

HSC
Logistics said:
I know the UTS section is dead in general. What other UTS forums are there?

I feel sorry for you man 7hours of stripping thats bad. How many days/weeks you into it?

Are you looking forward to your speech next semester to present to a 'few' students and staff :p

I got my internship next semester.

I'm doing the EPP1 we're up to the interview and it's crap lol. Not only do I need to make questions up but also read book and websites for related info :(

Come to think of it, maybe you can help me out with it, since you done it :D

Maybe I could have your copy to help me out :)

P.S I check the forum daily to see if there's any new posts :)

oh interview report!! fun fun.. i remember doing that..though i never knew what mark he decided to give me :/

Questions are pretty easy to come up with, Firstly start of with basics,where do you work?,how did you find this job?.... why did you choose engineering, when did you graduate, did you have work internships during your study, if so what did you do? Did you expect an aweful lot from it? or were you dumped in the deep end? etc etc. (well you wouldn't write it exactly like that!!! ) -- get some insight into the person you are interviewings past and education..etc etc

you can then go on to asking, about ones expectations of employees, OHS, work place policies/Ethics, any discrimination in the work place.. how important (he/she thinks!) work experience is if one wishes to choose engineer as a career path, what does an employer look for when hiring new staff, ...what kind of advice would you give someone (like yourself ) who is about to start their first job/internship?!!

i just thought of those questions off the top of my head.. but yeah, they should start you off easily with some questions you can ask..the dude
you may also want to look in the engineers australia code of ethics.. if you want some better ideas about ethics responsibilities..

with my essay i just stated some line from either the code of ethics or a website and discussed it in the essay, referred to the interview.. and stated what i could gain from it?!

though.. it should be in 3rd person mind you!

hmm i wonder where the soft copy of the report is now

Last edited:

Logistics

HSC
Damn you're good Monnie :eek:

Not many people in the UTS section forum, but the ones that are sure are helpful :)

Thank you very much. I know all those things but they never pop into your head when you need it :p

We are required it's a MUST to read a section from a book as well, don't think I'll do that since it's just a pass or fail subject :p 51% good enough for me lol

BTW: If you find the soft copy mind sharing it and/or your EFS stuff? It would help me heaps with ideas. Was working on EFS all day today poor me

MoNNiE

HSC
the obvious seems to always slip your mind when you need it most :)

true it is a pass fail subject! but still put some effort into it ... i had to resubmit mine because i had not summerised a reading source -- nor referenced anything from a book or website..

EFS essay 2? lol poor you dude..
can't really help you much there.. i hated HATED efs with all my brain cells.. even though i recieved a HD for it (it was a fluke)-- though i think you've figured that one out already!

I still have my final essay floating around.. though its not that great.. i have to warn you!

tomekz

HSC
those are pretty good questions there...... ive only got 7 and they were the hardest things i could think of >.<.....

So what kinda book would be good to use????

Logistics

HSC
Maybe the book they recommend. It's in the subject outline. Still thinking of what I will write.

tomekz send me your EFS portfolio and essay if you did it last semester heh. I get you some cookies and milk.

BTW: How you going with math assignmnt

tomekz

HSC
Logistics said:
Maybe the book they recommend. It's in the subject outline. Still thinking of what I will write.

tomekz send me your EFS portfolio and essay if you did it last semester heh. I get you some cookies and milk.

BTW: How you going with math assignmnt
LoL.... u dont want my essay.... i just passed with 55% lol.. so u dont have muchb of a chance lol...... im doing MM1.... Again, i should try this time i think lol.... but mates who are doing mm2... they says its fuking hard!

Logistics

HSC
Looking back at Math Mod 1 it's easy lol.

I just hope when you do Math Mod 2 you don't have Boris for statistics. That guy is shocking.

The subject is hard cause most of the tutors are hopeles :(

The EFS stuff not just essay but portfolio as well :) I wanted to give me ideas. I'm bad when it comes to EFS and thinking of key points :(

MoNNiE

HSC
wow you wanted to give your self ideas.... thats interesting@

the book i currently have is called "engineering and society - an australian perspective"
dunno where abouts i found it... but yeah! i won't be handing it back in any time soon though :p still need to start my essay ==''

Logistics

HSC
heh I know what book you're talking about. A lot of people borrowed it from the library for their EPP report that was due Thur.

Man that assignment is funny. I think out of 300 or so students that do the subject maybe 10% actually read something from a book and summarised lol.

Everyone including me :D just made stuff up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)