Damn English (1 Viewer)

klaw

HSC
Riviet said:
Klaw, you go to pius eh? You must know Ben P in your year? He used to go to my primary school.
powell or palombi?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
do you reckon its better to do a speech without palm cards,. and speak straight from the heart?
Yes, if you have the ability to speak very freely and you now your speech well, then go for it.

P

pLuvia

I'm not sure but my friend he had no palm hands at all therefore he had 100% eye contact, but on the evaluation sheet it said he had no eye contact?

I prefer palm cards just in case :p

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Generally there's a section in the marking criteria that discusses organisation and preparation. Including:

-Knowledge of Speech
-Supportive Stance
-Gesture
-Body Language
-Eye Contact

This speech in particular was to adapt the persona of a responder to the particular speech, and in shaping that persona you need to be extremely convincing - it's very much to do with your ability to act and engage the audience. Doing it without palm cards would do it better than with palm cards, however it's better to be safe and have palm cards with you just in case, but then in doing that you may come to rely on them as they're a source of temptation. :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I suck at memorising speeches, so i rely on my palm cards alot.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
true. some pplz have that talent of juz walkin up to the classroom and blah-ing for 10minutes without bullshittting..><..

HSC
mitsui said:
true. some pplz have that talent of juz walkin up to the classroom and blah-ing for 10minutes without bullshittting..><..
yeah i'd say thats a gift most girls have.. thank goodness i do :) sorry guys

Riviet

HSC
N/A
That's fine with me, I would prefer to do maths over english anyday. :D

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
English is so rigged.
What is an Inner Journey. Really think about it.........I have seen the defenitions, and man I am getting edgy......oh crap must write Inner Journey Narrative.
Like think about it, unless you have the info straight from the person who wrote the text your making up all this crap that could be so irrelevant and wrong. I am starting to get annoyed at the compulsory best 2 units of English.....it should so only be 1. Or better yet None.

HSC
Journeys are basically going from one place to another. Inner journeys is about progressing from one state to another as the person goes through certain situations or whatever that affect them. As the person goes through it/experiences it, the person is progressing on their inner journey.
Hope that helps a bit :)

tennille

HSC
allthatglitters is correct. The set text I read for Inner Journeys was My Place. A girl has no knwedge at all about her Aboriginal heritage but she begins to discover her family's past and therefore gain knowledge about her culture. That is a typical example of an inner journey; discovering her identity, heritage, etc.

Reactions: QZP

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah, in all journeys, one will learn and grow from the experience, therefore the three journeys are interrelated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)