Damn P's test (1 Viewer)

classact

HSC
I failed my P's test today, it was only my first try, Im not angry that I failed, Im annoyed that it was just a minor thing ...
When I turned left twice I crossed the edge lane, and on the sheet you get when you fail he crossed:
Selecting correct positions (entry) when turing left at an intersection. But as I live in a country town there was no lines down the road and it was a wide road I was taught that you go to the left of the lane if turing left to let people behind you go straight ? Was I taught wrong ?

And now I have to wait till the next avaliable appointment which is not till 3 weeks, and I've got my half yearlies then... I hate him.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
from what i still remember, if it is a properly marked two lane street, then you take the left lane, but if it is unmarked and tight for two lanes, then you just move slightly to the left.

and then there is the problem of the RTA examiner being too tight and not giving you any chances.

CieL

HSC
What do you mean by the "edge lane"?

So did you have lines during your DART?

Optophobia

HSC
Do you mean that you were on a road where 2 lanes were going each way, and you turned left from the inner lane, and went accross the path of the lane next to you?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If the lane is marked you aren't meant to cross the line when turning left, even if there are no cars parked there and it is to get out of peoples way because you are slowing down. It goes against common sense but that is the way it is.

If there are no markings on the side, only a center line or even no center line, then you should move to the left.

j_davo24

HSC
ybnormal said:
hehe, dont worry bout it, i failed the first time cos i only indicated for three seconds not five before pulling into the nonexistant traffic :(
got them later tho :)
That is tough. Lol. Your tester must've been extremely anal.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
DaddyK said:
Your marker wasn't too tough, you did the wrong thing..you should know not to cross any unbroken lines.
i just read the first post properly...

yeah, you shouldnt be touching the line on the far left close to the kerb. and like DaddyK said, you shouldnt cross unbroken lines ie unbroken double/single lines, kerbside lines, and lines at stop signs. other stuff that you can normally cross have dotted lines, if you notice next time you are driving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)