• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

damn you swine flu!!! (1 Viewer)

laniani

HSC
my family was put in quarantine today. great. two weeks constantly with my family. what to do?!?!?!...(besides lurk these forums)....
so far, people have come up with drink beer, and play spit

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
i would love to be quarantined right now.

can you post me some germs or something?

laniani

HSC
I coughed all over this post for you.

It sucks. I cant work....I was looking forward to my many many shifts= much much money this week

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Out of curiosity, how did the process go? Like did you go to the doctors to get checked up, and then they just told you to stay home? Or are you forced to stay home, like house arrest or w/e

I think my friend has it, and may have passed it on to me :(
And there is no way in hell I'm gonna let anyone quarantine me.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Be a bad ass and go out to the local shopping centre and hug randoms for the lolz

Uncle

Banned
HSC
my family was put in quarantine today. great. two weeks constantly with my family. what to do?!?!?!...(besides lurk these forums)....
so far, people have come up with drink beer, and play spit

Well you can always browse on BOS and no one knows you will transform into a full infected.

Nanasaurus

HSC
uhm.
become a pacman whiz
and a tetris whiz.
then find a games comp site and make twelve-year-olds cry.

XD

laniani

HSC
for the more details,

my brother came home on friday flu-ish. my mums paranoid so told him she'd take him up to the local hospital. luckily she is though, as he had complications due to another condition he has.
so they tested for swine at the the local, but because of the complications they sent him off to the childrens hospital. they did swine tests there as well.
On monday they called to tell us he has influenza A, which meant it was a bit more likely he'd have swine.
Yesterday (Tuesday) night, the hospital called to confirm he has swine, and told us the DHS will be in contact with us.
So we waited....mum eventually called the DHS at about 10pm, the doctors has gone home but whoever was there told us we'll most likely be in quarantine for two weeks, but can get tamiflu if any other family member shows symptoms.
we're thinking we'll ignore tamiflu so we can build immunity to it...in case another strain comes
DHS still hasn't contacted us so we dont really know the process yet

but it took from friday to tuesday for it to be confirmed, they have soooo many to test and its just going to get longer I assume, with more and more cases coming about

so..yeah.

laniani

HSC
I like this. its keeping me entertained.
We're not AS quarantined now as we were initially...as they upped the level in victoria which means family members dont have to be quarantined, but the DHS are strongly urging them to.
we broke it and went for a night walk

we got pizza delievered tonight, taped the money to the front door and spoke to the pizza guy through the door :) he found it hilarious. we have a swine flu warning with a piggy face taped to our door

losing friends on facebook? as if! its made me more popular!

the diseased one is actually meant to be locked in his room or wearing a mask when he walks around.....we've ignored that.

food....we're getting online delivery, or doing a shopping trip at like 10.30 tomorrow night..seeing as we're not actually enforced to be in quarantine anymore.....condoms...we wont need for awhile..

SO. YEAH. we got tamiflu delivered tonight but most of us arent taking it, as we want to build up immunity for it it comes back stronger. only the kiddie will be taking it...and thats only if he starts getting symptoms

Last edited by a moderator:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Kid at my kid sisters school claims that another kid told her that he has swine flu. I kid you not.

laniani

HSC

we joked about doing this to those annoying guys who knock on the door trying to sell us gas or change phone compant or whatever and continue talking while you close the door..
so we thought we should get the diseased one to answer the door and have a nice chat

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
we joked about doing this to those annoying guys who knock on the door trying to sell us gas or change phone compant or whatever and continue talking while you close the door..
so we thought we should get the diseased one to answer the door and have a nice chat
^ hey are you serious about the swine flu warning with the pig picture taped to your door?

aren't you like: omg! what will the neighbors think?!

:cold:

laniani

HSC
^ hey are you serious about the swine flu warning with the pig picture taped to your door?

aren't you like: omg! what will the neighbors think?!

:cold:
haha, course I'm serious! the neighbours are being real cute and dropping off the paper and food and beer and knocking and running home before we open the door! lol

we're out of quarantine tomorrow now. apparently victoria was worried that there were so many people in quarantine that it will affect public events and all, so reduced quarantine to 3 days. so they've decided the like their money more than health :) lol

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
haha, course I'm serious! the neighbours are being real cute and dropping off the paper and food and beer and knocking and running home before we open the door! lol

we're out of quarantine tomorrow now. apparently victoria was worried that there were so many people in quarantine that it will affect public events and all, so reduced quarantine to 3 days. so they've decided the like their money more than health :) lol
that is so fucking retarded

this is not a zombie outbreak. finally victoria has some common sense.

laniani

HSC
that is so fucking retarded

this is not a zombie outbreak. finally victoria has some common sense.
it affects everyone differently. my brother was one of those hospitalised with it, and if he hadnt been hospitalised we dont know what would have happened. However, he was only hospitalised due to the swine flu aggravating another condition of his.
think about it, its mild, sure. But if it started spreading rapidly amongst the elderly, amongst infants, or amongst those with chronic conditions it could have extreme consequences
I work with babies, I'm not going to be the stupid one who causes the death of one of them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)