Dat circle geo (1 Viewer)

andrew29223

HSC
Draw a tangent through the point of intersection, then use angle in alternate segment theorem and vertically opposite angles (angles between the line you are given and your tangent) and prove the two alternate angles are equal therefore must be collinear

lulwut

HSC
if you did alternate angles from the tangent drawn between the two circles, the proof would be valid right? you're proving that both angles produced from the tangent to their respective lines are equal -> therefore lies on the same line / co-linear.. I think..

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Draw a tangent through the point of intersection, then use angle in alternate segment theorem and vertically opposite angles (angles between the line you are given and your tangent) and prove the two alternate angles are equal therefore must be collinear
This is what I did.

lulwut

HSC
I'm always late to the party :'(

RealiseNothing

HSC
if you did alternate angles from the tangent drawn between the two circles, the proof would be valid right? you're proving that both angles produced from the tangent to their respective lines are equal -> therefore lies on the same line / co-linear.. I think..
I think that's fine.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
I did this. Glad I'm not the only one.

ninasandwich

HSC
yeah... I think I screwed this question up completely- I might scab a mark for it but- I saw I couldn't assume so I forgot about that proof, and instead went with the one that claims "any 3 non-collinear points are con-cyclical points" , then stated as point T is the point of intersection, a line drawn between the centres of the circles passes through T. Therefore since 'Q' and 'P' are points on the circumference of their respective circles, the three points cannot form a circle, and therefore must be collinear. hahah I hope they give me mark for trying:mad2:

RealiseNothing

HSC
Hey iBibah, doesn't it remind you of the UNSW seminar back in January.

Where like EVERYONE, including the 3rd year maths students, assumed it was a straight line.

de ja vu

seanieg89

HSC
Hey iBibah, doesn't it remind you of the UNSW seminar back in January.

Where like EVERYONE, including the 3rd year maths students, assumed it was a straight line.

de ja vu
Lol, that's why you should choose usyd ;).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)