Data Entry jobs (1 Viewer)

toisthbe

Evil Member
I have been applying for Data Entry jobs lately, and I have a question.

Does anyone know what is alphanumeric and numeric typing? and whats the difference?

thanx

Winston

HSC
toisthbe said:
I have been applying for Data Entry jobs lately, and I have a question.

Does anyone know what is alphanumeric and numeric typing? and whats the difference?

thanx
Alphanumeric- Typing documents?

Numeric Typing- those ones who are so damn fast at using the number pad, uno that pad on the right side of your keypad.

ashjw84

i had a full time data entry job during last summer and it totally killed my back............it's pretty good pay though, between $18-20 but i'd recommend only doing it part-time or casual cause it's dead boring and you'll end up spending all your pay on chiropractic bills !

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Haha im the data entry king, luckily im being trained in other stuff though now which is even still equally as boring,

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
Where can i get a data entry job?! I think that would be perfect for me as im training in IT.

olay

HSC
actually, alphanumeric you have both numbers and letters, e.g. entering addresses 153 blahblah st. numeric is pure entering numbers [usually for coding]. :) i've done numeric data entry whoa it gets crazy it's so mechanical!!!!!

ace

is retired
HSC
You sure you didn't see this instead?

7000 KSPH

That just means keystrokes per hour.

7000 ksph = ~ 24 words a minute

CrashOveride

HSC
ace said:
You sure you didn't see this instead?

7000 KSPH

That just means keystrokes per hour.

7000 ksph = ~ 24 words a minute
I thought it should be that also, must be a typo.

Going all out I could manage 120wpm... but then I couldn't do it for long =p

But yeah, 24wpm sounds way too slow.

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
Ive worked for the Tax Office as a data entry clerk and I have to say its some of the most mind numbing work you can do. Luckily I was allowed to take my iPod with me!

All I did was process BAS, TFN and Tax documents. I think a lot of the places with many data entry people have their own programs, thus I dont know what sort of relevant experience you can have except for being a fast keyer.

kow_dude

HSC
I work as an administration assistant and a do a lot of data entry. It does get very boring and repetitive.... also very mind exhausting!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Do you need any experience for data entry positions? I'd like to do that sort of thing just fill in time before uni but I don't really know where to look. My typing speed is probably within the vicinity of 50wpm, but I'm not really too sure...it depends on the software I use to record the speed.

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Do you need any experience for data entry positions? I'd like to do that sort of thing just fill in time before uni but I don't really know where to look. My typing speed is probably within the vicinity of 50wpm, but I'm not really too sure...it depends on the software I use to record the speed.
Look in the newspapers and on sites like mycareer, jobsearch or seek.

Firms with larger offices... like I did data entry for a construction company in the accounts department.

For testing your speed like TypeQuick if you can get yourself a copy (tests the Australian standards) or just a cheapo typing program from Kmart will be close tot he Australian standard.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Pink_Butterfly said:
For testing your speed like TypeQuick if you can get yourself a copy (tests the Australian standards) or just a cheapo typing program from Kmart will be close tot he Australian standard.
online tests will also give u an indication, might not be too accurate, but more cheapo option. :p

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
(^o^) said:
online tests will also give u an indication, might not be too accurate, but more cheapo option. :p
Hehe...I went to typingtest.com and I got 69wpm - dunno if that's very accurate though.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry if I'm slow but alphanumeric means alpha + numbers (ie. letters/words + numbers) and numeric is just using the number pad on the right side of the keyboard (although in some places they may have dedicated keyboards for numerical entry with just the numbers on it).

Not to boast (rofl i know this is boasting) but can anyone here beat my 142wpm on www.typingtest.com? That was without practice on a document I hadn't done before.. but it was easy to type because it actually used normal words/sentences (unlike some other typing tests which throw totally random words at u)~

EDIT: I just redid the test and got 151.

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
seremify007 said:
Sorry if I'm slow but alphanumeric means alpha + numbers (ie. letters/words + numbers) and numeric is just using the number pad on the right side of the keyboard (although in some places they may have dedicated keyboards for numerical entry with just the numbers on it).

Not to boast (rofl i know this is boasting) but can anyone here beat my 142wpm on www.typingtest.com? That was without practice on a document I hadn't done before.. but it was easy to type because it actually used normal words/sentences (unlike some other typing tests which throw totally random words at u)~

EDIT: I just redid the test and got 151.
Hehe, that's crazy :p. I'm guessing that you touch-type...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)