Dating a younger girl who lives far away (1 Viewer)

Greendisease

HSC
hey all.... im 17 and recently i went away for this week long youth group leadership thing in perth. There is this other girl who i have met briefly before on things similar to this and from the begining i felt slightly attracted to her, but i wasn't planning on acting on it because she is 2 1/2 years younger than me. While we were in perth we got talking... and then eventually started making out for the next 3 or 4 nights. we never went any further.. and i wouldn't have even if the oportunity arose.

i have bloody strong feelings for her.... because since i came home about 4 days ago i have been missing her like crazy. but im worried because she is so much younger than me. im going into year 12 while she is going into year 9....... is it wrong?

another thing is that... she lives about 5 hours drive away which means i wont be able to see her for another few months.

argh... im confused... i definately have feelings for her... and i know she has them for me... considering she kissed me first and stuff... but im not sure if its right.

rantman

HSC
N/A
u made out with a girl under 16! thats statutory rape. u have just committed a crime. the police will be notified...

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
whether it's right or not, it's something you need to decide for yourself - on your own.

my thoughts are that 2 1/2 yrs younger isn't much of an age difference [especially if you consider couples who are like 10yrs apart], but she is still young, and so yeah, it might seem a bit weird.

well, being far apart can affect the relationship [if you choose to pursue it], but a lot of people manage

but i don't think you should get too obsessed about this, it's possible that to her, it was just a fling. you do have her phone number or email address right? talk to her and see how things are first

Greendisease

HSC
im pretty sure it wasn't just a fling.. ive chatted to her a few times since we had to go our seperate ways. and she said she has been interested in me ever since we first met about a year ago....

and i dont think making out is statutary rape.... its only sex stuff.... which is why i wouldn't go any further than making out even if she wanted to

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
1st of al m8, welcome 2 the bos family....2 and a half years is nothing, especially if u connect, age is nothin, just do wat ya think is rite but dont 'start' somethin if u will onli c her once every few months, it will never work...

rantman

HSC
N/A
Greendisease said:
im pretty sure it wasn't just a fling.. ive chatted to her a few times since we had to go our seperate ways. and she said she has been interested in me ever since we first met about a year ago....

and i dont think making out is statutary rape.... its only sex stuff.... which is why i wouldn't go any further than making out even if she wanted to
oops, false accusation.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Greendisease said:
i have bloody strong feelings for her.... because since i came home about 4 days ago i have been missing her like crazy. but im worried because she is so much younger than me. im going into year 12 while she is going into year 9....... is it wrong?
Obviously u are just lusting after her.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Greendisease said:
hmm... my question is, do you think it would work? love and relationships are complicated. long distance relationships will only work if both of you guys are really serious about the relationship, otherwise, you'll either drift apart or it becomes just a closer-friendship

aj_number_10

HSC
Greendisease said:
and then eventually started making out for the next 3 or 4 nights. we never went any further.. and i wouldn't have even if the oportunity arose.
I am not reading any more of this story after reading that last comment

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
rantman said:
u made out with a girl under 16! thats statutory rape. u have just committed a crime. the police will be notified...
1. like he said before kissing does not count as statutory rape
2. he is 17, i seem to remember S.R. only works if the other person has to be 18+
3. have a nice day

Greendisease

HSC
no S.R. is when one person over the age of consent has sex with someone under... and im over and she is under... so thats a crime... and i think there is up to 7 years in prison for it.

but anyways... ive decided ill have to fully talk to her about this... maybe we can call off the relationship for a year because she is going to a boarding school in sydney next year so it might work then.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
yeah just checked up on it, it is a crime - forgot the age of consent
I'd suggest you hit it after she turns 18.

Code:
NSW Crimes Act, Section 66c Sexual Intercourse--child between 10 and 16.
(1) Any person who has sexual intercourse with another person who is of or
above the age of 10 years, and under the age of 16 years, shall be liable to
imprisonment for 8 years

(2) Any person who has sexual intercourse with another person who:
o (a) is of or above the age of 10 years, and under the age of 16 years, and
o (b) is (whether generally or at the time of the sexual intercourse only)
under the authority of the person, shall be liable to imprisonment for 10
years.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
That means I was raped the 1st time I did it.........

What happens in the case of 2 ppl 10-16 years old having sex w/each other?

Greendisease

HSC
Cactus said:
That means I was raped the 1st time I did it.........

What happens in the case of 2 ppl 10-16 years old having sex w/each other?
i think two people who are under are fine.

but that law looks like it has a loophole.... people under 10 are legal :cool:....................................

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
under 10 is dealt with in section 66b i believe

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i seem to remember vaguely the law still counts two people between 10 and 16 having sexual intercourse as illegal.

any of you law folks want to back me up?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Jago said:
i seem to remember vaguely the law still counts two people between 10 and 16 having sexual intercourse as illegal.

any of you law folks want to back me up?
16 is legal jago.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
between. as in more than 10, less than 16.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)