David Jones Christmas Casuals 2008/09 (1 Viewer)

leekiss

HSC
Has anyone had a group interview since they applied? I received an email one month later after I applied saying that it could take up to four weeks to process applications. Four weeks is now so I've been waiting like two months. Last year when I worked there I received a phone call a few days after I applied. Does this mean they're not interested in my application anymore?

I've already finished my Xmas casual training at Myer but was hoping to juggle both since last year I didn't receive many hours at DJs.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
leekiss said:
Has anyone had a group interview since they applied? I received an email one month later after I applied saying that it could take up to four weeks to process applications. Four weeks is now so I've been waiting like two months. Last year when I worked there I received a phone call a few days after I applied. Does this mean they're not interested in my application anymore?

I've already finished my Xmas casual training at Myer but was hoping to juggle both since last year I didn't receive many hours at DJs.
leekiss said:

I just got an email for a job at David Jones for Christmas casual, which I did the group interview last week. They took almost 2-3 weeks i think to call me up for the interview though. I'm just wondering for anyone that's done Christmas Casual; what's the actual prospect for more ongoing work after the Christmas period?? Because, i also got accepted for another job, which I would prefer more and has similar pay (except DJ pays more on Sunday and public holidays), but would require a lot more transport expenses, although not really a concern.

Last edited:

TheFeared

HSC
I was thinking about applying for DJ as my first job? good idea??
Also, do you know what kind of pay it is? Are there junior rates?
And do they just cya after the Christmas period?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
TheFeared said:
I was thinking about applying for DJ as my first job? good idea??
Also, do you know what kind of pay it is? Are there junior rates?
And do they just cya after the Christmas period?

Permanent
20:$15.36
19:12.28/hr
18:$10.75/hr
17:$9.21/hr
16 and younger:$7.8/hr
Sunday:$23.03/hr
Public Holiday:$38.38/hr

Casual:
20:$18.43/hr
19:$14.74/hr
18:$12.90/hr
17:$11.06/hr
16:$9.21/hr
Sunday:$24.57/hr

Also add $1.50-$2.00 to each rate, because they changed the agreement.

adnan91

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Permanent
20:$15.36
19:12.28/hr
18:$10.75/hr
17:$9.21/hr
16 and younger:$7.8/hr
Sunday:$23.03/hr
Public Holiday:$38.38/hr

Casual:
20:$18.43/hr
19:$14.74/hr
18:$12.90/hr
17:$11.06/hr
16:$9.21/hr
Sunday:$24.57/hr

Also add $1.50-$2.00 to each rate, because they changed the agreement.
No way! thats crap. I can get paid at zone 3 for higher than that with less work

langlece

HSC
leekiss said:

Ok I know very late reply, but woah, hold up there. I'm pretty sure that as a part of your contract you won't be able to work at both Myer and David Jones... that's most DEFINITELY a conflict of interests. No go, try somewhere else.

But also yes, after 2 months I would presume that it's a no.

leekiss

HSC
Haha I'm now at Myer and realise that was a bad idea, as I now see my DJ's manager from last year walking through the store comparing prices etc.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
yes you will get dropped after christmas unless you're a really good worker.

brasileira

HSC
I had an interview for cosmetics at DJS like 2 weeks ago, I have worked on half the cosmetic counters in Myer and DJS previously, and i got an email next day saying my skills are highly regarded and inline with what they want rah rah but no position available.... err cocksuckers so i was like ok. Then applied for various departments position got a group interview for today, full forgot about it, called an hour before the interview and said i forgot and the HR girl is like.. thats ok all our xmas casual positions have been filled anyway call us in the new year and well schedule another...

so clearly DJS are just fucking ppl around cos if i went to the interview today it would of been another waste of time cos xmas ccasual positions were all filled but they continue to interview

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)