Dawsons Creek??? (1 Viewer)

i haven't seen a thread on DC yet. while i realise DC is either a love it or hate it kinda show, this thread is for us all to discuss our feelings about the show. we should all get the chance to express our feelings, without being judged...

i love the show, i cant help it, im sorry but the show rocks

come on critics do your worst!!!:eek:

ps someone please back me up when the inevitable battle begins

Jin-17

When I am bored I watch it, and its not a bad show at all. Really shows the true meaning of life:D

Fi

hey, i don't get it
If they don't live next to a creek anymore, why is it called 'Dawson's Creek'; it makes no sense..................unless they do live next to a creek and i just didn't see it...........O.K ignore me.

Anyway, i suppose it's an alright show, however, i do hate the fact that they're a bunch a of teens, who speak about relationships as if they were 40.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i'm totally addicted to DC... since day one... i still remember that episode, i was talking to one of my friends, and we were both like "eww... they're talking about masturbation..." (we were in year 9,,,)

anyway.. there was once a thread about DC... back when i was here during trial exams it was basically everyone bitching about DC... but hey, it's still a really deep show.

and the whole point of DC not being reality and teens talking about relationships as if they're 40... is cos if it was exactly like reality, wtf would be the point of watching it?! i watch tv to get outta reality anyway, maybe i'm just different......

=)

jessika

law chicky
HSC
haven't watched DC in ages, used to like it when it first began, then I sorta got over it.

it was on tape for some reason, no idea why, anyway whats the go with jen and dawson are they still together, cause I reckon Jen should be with the charlie guy, and dawson should just remain single.

there was once a thread about DC... back when i was here during trial exams it was basically everyone bitching about DC
i knew there had to be a reason why there was no thread on such a controversial topic.

And the fact that they talk about relationships as if they were like in their 30's, is what makes the show what it is...the best

Rosie

You are right about dawsons creek it is a love or hate kinda show. And i personally can't stand it....i dunno what it is about it tho coz i usually like all those american shows! i have watched dc a few times thinking i would get used to it but that hasn't happened. :rolleyes:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
im indifferent now ... i used to watch it and now less and less and less ... i guess theyve mostly gone their own ways with a few here and there ... it odd seeing 20-something years old pretending to be 19 or 20 ...

Rosie

Yeah and u know the way they make them talk and the words they use make it sound like they are reading from a dictionary!! :rolleyes:

Rosie

Originally posted by Jin-17
When I am bored I watch it, and its not a bad show at all. Really shows the true meaning of life:D
um, can i ask how it actually really shows the true meaning of life?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
the meaning that there is no meaning just like teenagers wandering aimlessly in life ...

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by Rosie
Yeah and u know the way they make them talk and the words they use make it sound like they are reading from a dictionary!! :rolleyes:
yeah, tell me about it. Like what they portray is even a realistic interpretation of the conversational language of college intelligensia.

and then there's the misquoting of the dialogue which occurs among ordinary laymen in society as a result of religiously watching too many episodes of the show, between those who are less able-minded than the show's banter demands:

"Last night, we, I, you know..."

"Just what are you incinerating?"

:D

fthe meaning that there is no meaning just like teenagers wandering aimlessly in life ...
haha, good answer flyin. while the problems of dawson and the gang are some what more complex then our own (im speaakin on behalf of me self here) they are just exaggerated versions of what its like to be a teenager:cool:

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
I used to watch it religiously when I was in year 10 :D
Nowadays I only watch it if I don't have anything else to do.
I used to hate Dawson but I actually don't mind him now. Maybe it's his haircut.

Rosie

Originally posted by Christine
I love dawsons creek..

pacey = yum

charlie = yum :)
Yeah pacey is cute i will give u that! and its probably the only reason i watched it a few times was to see him!! ;)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
yeah i reckon its always easier to like these kinda shows when you are young... sit there wondering "wow, i wonder if year 9 will be like that for me"

malayz_angel

Is Dawson's creek gonna be on anymore or did they cut the series? The Joey and Charlie thing was the last ep I think I watched.. I never saw the big dramatic season finale.

By the way, at the beginning of this thread, there was some confusion over why the show is named 'Dawson's Creek?' I thought it was because Dawson ends up drowning in a creek or something leaving Joey heartbroken because she's pregnant with his child as the result of a one night stand.. this is all just too confusing. Don't take my word for it though, this is all gossip and speculation.

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Okay ive been a fan of DC since the first episode! like 3 or so yrs ago! whens it comnig back on? :D :p

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
ok, i can clear a few things up:

yes, dawsons creek final series is being shown in the US at the moment... dont know when it will come to australia

the final episode (of course) takes place "in the future" at a wedding... not sure whose wedding it is... and yeah, kevin williamson has done two endings: one of joey ending up with dawsons, the other with joey and pacey... he'll either use one, none or both...

and i dont think the whole drowning thing will happen... but we'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)