Deactivating Facebook? (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Yes I found out that it helped to deactivate + change password to a really long and complex one, so you'll cbf to log in when you want to. I did this during exam periods, and really think it benefited me. It forces you to actually put most of your time into study.

Also, never hit the "save password" button, clear all cookies. This well help you.

Kent12

HSC
N/A
Apparently makes no difference because you can just log in all the same, and it reactivates. Have had many freinds who tried and failed, to give up facebook

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Apparently makes no difference because you can just log in all the same, and it reactivates. Have had many freinds who tried and failed, to give up facebook
Did they wait and not log in for the full 2 week period?

Roy216

HSC
well i did for term 4, i did manage to improve my marks, i lasted about 8 weeks... but some people tell me its not necassry u just gotta have control

13abie

HSC
in my opinion deactivate every non work related aspect of your life.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
well i did for term 4, i did manage to improve my marks, i lasted about 8 weeks... but some people tell me its not necassry u just gotta have control
It's not that hard. Like what has FB ever really done, that has been so useful to your life? NOTHING. We had instant messaging communication via msn before FB which allowed us to talk to our CLOSE friends who mattered to us. Now, every Joe, Dick and Harry know about all the conversations you have with people, the fun you have without them, and have to endure all the pointless shit you post, that don't interest them.

HSC
Uni Grad
What I also did was remove facebook from history and deleted it as a bookmark. That way it helped me avoid going on facebook during the period of the HSC

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
What I also did was remove facebook from history and deleted it as a bookmark. That way it helped me avoid going on facebook during the period of the HSC
This too. Just remove anything that associates with it. and when you hear the name, just think to yourself and say "What good will FB ever do for my HSC or life (for the bigger picture)" I deactivated for about a week before my English exam, (I had self control though) but If I hadn't of done this, it would of made studying for those essays, a bigger pain in the arse. you see, while everyone on FB was complaing about the HSC and how they cbb to study, I was studying. Eventually it paid off, and it was time worth spent. (Think to yourself, you up against 78 000 or so students in the state. Only a minority will set high standards to study and work hard).

If a friend or relative needs to contact you, they should be close enough to you to have your phone number or email address/msn. If they can't take the time to send you a text/email or even phone you for an important event or chat, then they don't deserve to communicate with you. and from my observation around 95% of stuff posted on FB is pure garbage. It's just full of bloated junk.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Never understood the reasoning behind deactivating Facebook.

Screams of a lack of self-control.

Aysce

HSC
Never understood the reasoning behind deactivating Facebook.

Screams of a lack of self-control.
+1.

Tbh, I used to go on Facebook for hours on end but now I go on for 30 minutes maximum. All you need to do is go on BOS all the time, then you wouldn't even bother going on Facebook. (Not no lifing but you get the gist of it).

True story.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
+1.

Tbh, I used to go on Facebook for hours on end but now I go on for 30 minutes maximum. All you need to do is go on BOS all the time, then you wouldn't even bother going on Facebook. (Not no lifing but you get the gist of it).

True story.
Basically you substituted BOS for FB haha

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
No offence to the guy who made this but its a really bias video. Too much of anything is bad. I mean as long as your not making Facebook the number one priority in you're life and just use it to 'update yourself' on what's going on around you. It can even be a great tool to talk to friends about school - related work. Everything in moderation (like murder, jk jk), though seriously. As long as you don't let, not only facebook but materialistic things in general take over you're life and control you then it's alright.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
No offence to the guy who made this but its a really bias video. Too much of anything is bad. I mean as long as your not making Facebook the number one priority in you're life and just use it to 'update yourself' on what's going on around you. It can even be a great tool to talk to friends about school - related work. Everything in moderation (like murder, jk jk), though seriously. As long as you don't let, not only facebook but materialistic things in general take over you're life and control you then it's alright.
True. Just easier for you HSCers' to stop using it during exam periods.

here's another interesting video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocXX619kaPM&feature=related

Personally, I think it's the invention of something new, like when T.V came out. You have to adapt in order to keep in contact. The future will be a very interesting time. I would like to see where all this social media stuff ends up. Atm it looks promising for companies to advertise and people to communicate easily etc

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)