Dead Space (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
holy shit. who else loves this game

i finished it yesterday, pure awesomeness, and genuinely scary at times. great story, great gameplay, just no replay value

i recommend buying it from EB, finishing it in a few days (it took me only 3 days of solid gameplay) and returning it before the '7 day policy' runs out, then trade it in for something else (i traded it in for 'left 4 dead')

adnan91

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
holy shit. who else loves this game

i finished it yesterday, pure awesomeness, and genuinely scary at times. great story, great gameplay, just no replay value

i recommend buying it from EB, finishing it in a few days (it took me only 3 days of solid gameplay) and returning it before the '7 day policy' runs out, then trade it in for something else (i traded it in for 'left 4 dead')
whats it about?

whats the 7day policy?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
7 day policy = buy it....'don't like it' so return it within 7 days and trade it for another game of equal price

---------

I guess it's like the movie event horizon. you answer this space ships distress call only to find out everyone's been killed by scary ass monster alien things. your ship has crashed and you've been seperated from your other 2 crew members.

the gameplay is similar too resident evil 4 (which is one of the best games i've ever played)

so yeah, it's like resident evil mixed with event horizon

adnan91

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
7 day policy = buy it....'don't like it' so return it within 7 days and trade it for another game of equal price

---------

I guess it's like the movie event horizon. you answer this space ships distress call only to find out everyone's been killed by scary ass monster alien things. your ship has crashed and you've been seperated from your other 2 crew members.

the gameplay is similar too resident evil 4 (which is one of the best games i've ever played)

so yeah, it's like resident evil mixed with event horizon
wooooo

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
decent enough game but it's getting stale and i'm already bored. got no incentive to keep playing it.

bigboyjames01

Banned
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
FUCK! thats so curry of you to do so!

you fraudin?

HSC
I'm up to chapter 7, it's a decent enough game, the camera is annoying as shit but it adds to the whole suspense/horror ambiance. The plot is solid but there is little lasting appeal and it lacks longevity.

Not worth the advertised price tag, just buy it, finish it, return it.

you fraudin?

HSC
You're gonna wanna return Left 4 Dead aswell unless you're big on multiplayer gaming, the single player mode is terrible.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Im up to lvl 10, tis good game. I play at nite, about 10:30pm till about 1am, lights off in mah room, headfones on, its awesome playing like that! Im jumpier than i expected.
The game is good, but not as good as i expected.
One thing i hate about it is how all the bodies are all so squishy and rubbery and shiny (ever walked thru dead bodies?) and the blood, like almost every game, could be much better. The blood spray after limb removal is fake, i've yet to see a realistic spray in any game, and the blood on the ground and walls have a pinkish tinge, just like gears of war and unreal tournament 3. It'd be better if the blood was actually shiny, and slightly darker, and ACTUALLY RED! I borrowed stalker shadow of chernobyl from a friend, the blood in that is better than average. But i've yet to come across a game with good blood. UT3 and GoW need to reduce the pinkage and increase the reddness, and dead space need to fix the spray, increase shinyness, increase reddness.

Apart from that, its good, but actually im getting sorta bored with it.
I didnt buy it btw, download. Im downloading need for speed undercover too. 3/6 links downloaded. =D

Also, what settings is everyone playing dead space on? Im playing on everything highest and screen rez is 1440 x 900, purely for eyecandy purposes (not 100% lag free, but playable, probably like 20% lag). If i got a hard boss fight i take it down to 1280x786 or 1024x600.
How about everyone else?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)