Dealing with Multiple Choice Questions (1 Viewer)

chris42

HSC
Hey everyone,

Having attempted the multiple choice sections in the past and not being all so successful, do anyone have any techniques that help them with their multiple choice questions. I seem to find that alot of them rely on information from the news, such as what's the latest disease prevelance?.. Is there somewhere where you can get that sort of up to date information summarised?

jgirl:).....

yeha, i think with multiple choice u have really gotta go through the process of elimination - look for the most correct, if you go through each one cross the ones out that are wrong, debate over the ones u are left with it usually works! ummm yeah go to the Australian Buereu of statistics to get curretn trends n stuff!

chris42

HSC
Thanks yeah, I've just the problem of debating myself out the answer some of the time :p... Lost 3 marks that way in the trial exam.

tink 18

with multiple choice questions there always seems to be two definetly wrong answers and then there is the right answer and the deceptor which looks right but is wrong. So what i think might be the best idea is to just use the process of elimination and if you know your stuff you should come out with the right answer.

jgirl:).....

yeah i totally agree - i just think it goes beyond in multiple choice wot we no - and fully goes into the tiniest detail - so u can onli do ur best! good luck - also the wording of questions sometimes may throw you, read it over and over, there are sometimes litttle tricks and hints

swordfish

most of the health ones are from the latest AIHW report, look it up on the net.

Skunkylicious

our teacher reckons you should cover up the answers and then read the question. think of the answer yourself and then uncover the answers and your answer shoudl be there. of course this technique wont work if you have no idea what the answer is

stylar

If you haven't read the AIHW report by now then don't bother, it would be wasting your time. The information in your text book is just as relevant

chris42

HSC
Its ok, i found the relevant pages in AIHW, about 5 pages of good graphs :)

keepin_sanity

I hate MC questions...i plan to stick with process of elimination and a hell of a lot of good luck - then maximise my marks in the written part.....*sigh* - I'm gonna fail arent I????? :p

Cumquott

MC's suck...they are such a gamble..I reckon.

Keepin_sanity..you're NOT going to fail...just remember that we're all in the same boat..with the stupid MC's.

My tip is bloody obvious, but READ th question...if you use process of elimination then you will get down to two..and then there will be something in the question that makes one MORE right than the other (remember, they could both be right...but one will be more so than the other) AIHW report is good. Basically, make sure you can remeber the stats you've gathered in all forms (eg. diagrams, graphs)...if you haven't gathered stats, then do that for all the priority areas, and for all the groups within the priority areas (e.g. cancer = all the main types, not just breast and prostrate) Other than that, there's not much more you can do.

Go for it!! (and pray!)

Good luck!

eeyore

Originally posted by chris42
Its ok, i found the relevant pages in AIHW, about 5 pages of good graphs :)
do you mind sharing which pages are relevant? thanx ;)

chris42

HSC
Yeah, I'll just have to find my notes.. I've somehow lost them.. ahh.. My room's a mess of a metre high of notes

EDIT :

Found them!

p13,17,27,59,67,58,104,108,110,143,149,191,257

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)