Dear evil_tama v2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Closing a thread is another annoying way of 'winning' a debate isn't it.

You refer to insulting members as being 'naughty', then explain to me why, as a moderator, you took it upon yourself to initiate said naughtiness with constant jibes such as 'idiot' and 'moron' for anyone who didn't agree with you?

If you call someone a moron for long enough, i don't think you should be surprised when they turn around and insult you, no?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I think the difference was that the name calling was not exactly on a completely personal level. What GWBUSH did was take it onto a new step, and totally reverted into one which was personal and deflamatory.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Originally posted by neo_o
Closing a thread is another annoying way of 'winning' a debate isn't it.

You refer to insulting members as being 'naughty', then explain to me why, as a moderator, you took it upon yourself to initiate said naughtiness with constant jibes such as 'idiot' and 'moron' for anyone who didn't agree with you?

If you call someone a moron for long enough, i don't think you should be surprised when they turn around and insult you, no?
I didn't close the thread, and no i don't believe that closing a thread is any way to win an arguement. Closing a thread can signal the end of an arguement, but it doesn't imply who has won, because generally speaking it's someone higher who has taken the arguement out of your hands hence there is no winner.. and no loser either.

I call people idiots, and morons. Take the insults as you wish and do with them what you may. There is a difference between an insult and just plain being rude and offensive, this is a forum where ideas will clash and insults traded from time to time. It's human nature and to be expected. But being offensive and rude, is not and should never be tolerated.

Insult me, i don't care but an attack on anyone like the attack made by George W. Bush will not be tolerated.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
GWBush just acted like a tard. I think whomever deleted that post had every right to. If I were an admin I would've banned him as well. I'm hoping that was what was done, because what he posted was just disgusting.

It's one thing calling somebody an idiot, if someone can't handle that, it's their problem. But to have an attack (and that's what it was, an attack), such as the one GWBush dished out is unacceptable. Completely unacceptable.

Mark Latham

She called me an idiot, moron etc.

I said she was a fat lesbian (in a humourous and verbose manner). I don't really buy this "some other mod did it", as I haven't seen anti or flyin' in these parts much, but anyway, there is an undeniable double standard.

Originally posted by poloktim
GWBush just acted like a tard. I think whomever deleted that post had every right to. If I were an admin I would've banned him as well. I'm hoping that was what was done, because what he posted was just disgusting.

Oh, pray tell, what was disgusting? That I expressed my personal view that I believed her to be a lesbian, or that she was probably fat (oh, i think I might have said ugly too)? How is it any different to insulting someone's intelligence?

Methinks a certain mod valued their 'e-career' a bit too highly.

From the other thread you locked, for seemingly no reason:

Abusing people is not regarded as a responsible behaviour in the forums and will be treated appropriately by the appropriate moderator/admin.
This is quite ironic considering you've ensured that your intense dislike of me, and your feelings about my intelligence, are well known to the members of the board, having been posted a large amount of times. Perhaps I hit a little too close to home?

Last edited:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
This forum is starting to look like a letter by Vanunu or Hussein - overtly very censored :p

Mark Latham

BTW I don't deny that I comitted a personal attack which wouldn't be appropriate in a normal forum.

However, neither would a moderator expressing their hate of certain posters, and referring to them incessently as morons or idiots.

Ribbon

Originally posted by Mark Latham

Judging from how upset you are over this I would hes not the only one taking things a bit too highly...

Mark Latham

Upset? It's just for the few people who actually know who I am, wouldn't want them to get a misleading impression.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I would be careful, as it seems as though she has the '#hsc crew' backing her every move... Plus, how can you argue with people who constantly tell those with a different view to stfu?

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
----------
She called me an idiot, moron etc.
-----------
I insulted you, my bad.

----------
I said she was a fat lesbian (in a humourous and verbose manner). I don't really buy this "some other mod did it", as I haven't seen anti or flyin' in these parts much, but anyway, there is an undeniable double standard.
-----------
Humourous? I failed to see the humour in it. (But regardless its gone now and over.) anti and flyin' both patrol the forum, because it wasn't i that locked the thread and i didn't delete the other thread. Double standard please explain.

--------
Oh, pray tell, what was disgusting? That I expressed my personal view that I believed her to be a lesbian, or that she was probably fat (oh, i think I might have said ugly too)? How is it any different to insulting someone's intelligence?
---------
I called you an idiot, i did not bring into question your sexual preference, i did not try and insult you in areas of which i know nothing (and obviously you knew nothing) about. I did not disrespect you as a person (in any way shape or form) and i did not disrespect your opinion, but yet you find it hard to believe that someone else can have an opinion and assert that opinion without being in some way affected of the cause. I respect your right to free speech and to voice your opinion, i also reserve the right to assert my own opinion in the same manner. As such both parties have the right to make observations based on the goings on therein, but by attacking someone your rights to such freedoms were made void. As i said above there is a line between being insulting and being rude and offensive. Most people can seem to find the line and manage to not cross it.

---------
----------
e-career? roflmao.

----------
This is quite ironic considering you've ensured that your intense dislike of me, and your feelings about my intelligence, are well known to the members of the board, having been posted a large amount of times. Perhaps I hit a little too close to home?
-------
Intense dislike? You give yourself too much credit there. And how large is large? Because as much as i may dislike you and your opinion (as you've displayed it here) and though its blatantly obvious that i do not seem to get along with you (anyone who can read could tell that) i have not made 'large amounts' of posts relating to my feelings towards you. Nor do i (such as yourself) dedicate large amounts of posts to telling you how much i dislike you. Perhaps i hit a sensitive spot by calling you an idiot..

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Upset? It's just for the few people who actually know who I am, wouldn't want them to get a misleading impression.
Then perhaps in regards to how you behave on the forum it might be wise to be truthful to yourself, and not play into a persona that tends towards something you would find to give out a misconstrued meaning.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
did not bring into question your sexual preference
I don't believe there is any question in regards to which way you swing - and in all honesty, if you are gay what difference would it make to you if someone called you a lesbian? No need to be uncomfortable with who you are ;)

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Originally posted by neo_o
I don't believe there is any question in regards to which way you swing - and in all honesty, if you are gay what difference would it make to you if someone called you a lesbian? No need to be uncomfortable with who you are ;)
Uncomfortable i am not, annoyed tho to think that by offering my support to the gay and lesbian cause that i am automatically branded as a lesbian. I wonder does this also apply to any male who believes gays deserve to be able to marry.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Generator
I would be careful, as it seems as though she has the '#hsc crew' backing her every move... Plus, how can you argue with people who constantly tell those with a different view to stfu?
nah just me :)

Mark Latham

Originally posted by eviltama
I insulted you, my bad.
You insulted me, I insulted you. However, these two insults were treated rather differently, and that is where the double standard lies.

Humourous? I failed to see the humour in it.
That's probably because it was about you. cayte thought it was pretty funny.

I called you an idiot, i did not bring into question your sexual preference, i did not try and insult you in areas of which i know nothing (and obviously you knew nothing) about.
Well, I'd question your ability to judge my intelligence but regardless - I don't know if you are fat, if you are a lesbian, or if you are ugly. Clearly I'm making stuff up - so why is offence taken?

I did not disrespect you as a person (in any way shape or form) and i did not disrespect your opinion,
Oh, really? What would you call it?

but yet you find it hard to believe that someone else can have an opinion and assert that opinion without being in some way affected of the cause.
You are extrapolating. I just happen to think you are a lesbian, for more reasons than you advocating gay marriage.

I respect your right to free speech and to voice your opinion, i also reserve the right to assert my own opinion in the same manner.
You don't actually have a right to free speech on an internet forum, but I digress.

As such both parties have the right to make observations based on the goings on therein, but by attacking someone your rights to such freedoms were made void. As i said above there is a line between being insulting and being rude and offensive. Most people can seem to find the line and manage to not cross it.
Oh, what is the line? When it's about you? Because, to me, any insulting is offence or rude - it's just I'm better at insulting than you are.

And how large is large? Because as much as i may dislike you and your opinion (as you've displayed it here) and though its blatantly obvious that i do not seem to get along with you (anyone who can read could tell that) i have not made 'large amounts' of posts relating to my feelings towards you.
Do you require me to dig up every post where you've called me an idiot? Also, in the thread which was deleted, you said something along the lines of I would call you an idiot regardless of what you posted and so on. If anyone who reads your posts can tell you don't get along with me, it is obvious you are a) expressing your dislike and b) behaving inappropriatly for a moderator.

Nor do i (such as yourself) dedicate large amounts of posts to telling you how much i dislike you.
I do believe that's the first time I've bothered to respond to your incessent "you're an idiot" posts.

Perhaps i hit a sensitive spot by calling you an idiot..
I think you'll find I've already made this joke. Please come up with your own material.

Uncomfortable i am not, annoyed tho to think that by offering my support to the gay and lesbian cause that i am automatically branded as a lesbian. I wonder does this also apply to any male who believes gays deserve to be able to marry.
I think you are a lesbian. I expressed that I thought you were a lesbian. This conclusion was based on more than your stance on gay marriage. You're trying to appear righteous here, a martyr for the cause, perhaps.

Here are the facts of the case:
You insulted me (rather poorly, I'll admit) incessently over many posts, which is both inappropriate for your position as a moderator and, it seems, against the policy of the forum.
I insulted you once (well), was banned, and the thread was deleted.

Please tell me if you believe I've made some mistake in reciting the facts there, because it seems like a pretty clear double standard against creative and humourous insults.

You may also want to explain why "you're an idiot" or "you're a moron" is somehow not an attack, whereas "you're fat and ugly" is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)