• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dear Sexy & Oh Wise Men of Bos~ I am in Need of Your Advice (1 Viewer)

• Total voters

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I've already got some ideas, so its not like the usual vague threads in L&R.

Anyway, our 3 Year Anniversary is in October.
Which of those above might sound like a good present to you?

Feel free to put some more ideas. You can tell by the above with how my budget looks ~ in the hundreds. He likes cars, technology (but he buys it all anyway), heavy metal music (kinda like Iron Maiden etc, oh if only they had a concert? baha) and general stereotypical man stuff (ie I took him to sexpo).

I can't cook anything because I've already done so before (because I live with him) so having a quiet night at home is something we do anyway.

I have no idea about the Australian International Motor Show. It looks hella boring, so I thought I'd buy tickets for his mates? Has anyone been?

Also, he's hinted that he needs new shoes and clothes. I think that could be a side dish...?

Things To Note Before Suggesting

1. I'd take him to a strip club if it were his birthday, not our 3 year anniversary, so don't suggest it...
  2. All the "give him sex", "give him beer/wine" comments are retarded because its already a given.
  3. I don't want girls to go and tell me "make him something" because honestly, guys don't like that crap. It's the worst advice you could give me.
Okay, thanks in advance! :p

You can pick more than one, just the ones you yourself would probably recommend, thanx oh sexy bosers...

(poll coming)

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Kreator are touring, but that's probably too soon.

EDIT: Or Cannibal Corpse. If you're gonna try either of these be sure to ask if he likes these bands though.

EDITEDIT: Oh and good luck getting Iron Maiden to tour Australia again, like ever. :(

Last edited:

Skeeta

HSC
personally what i got him would depend on what he got me.

for example. For one anniversary i bought my boyfriend bought me a ring and dinner at some fancy shmancy resteraut. I bought him a pair of boardies, a hat and some undies

it erm. Didnt exactly match i felt very retarded afterwards.

so now i ask if we are we being functional or romantic

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Either a dinner or bridge climb would probably do me, definitely want to do something involving the both of us, rather than just a one way present kinda thing :)

Ktulu-Spiral

HSC
N/A
White Gold Men's Ring... $300
Tickets to the Motor Show... $69
Stand Up Comedy at Fox Studios... $30

Having a threesome with your mediocre girlfriend and her way-hot best friend that you've always been more attracted to and wanted to bone anyway.... priceless.

There are some things money can't buy... capice?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
withoutaface said:
Kreator are touring, but that's probably too soon.

EDIT: Or Cannibal Corpse. If you're gonna try either of these be sure to ask if he likes these bands though.

EDITEDIT: Oh and good luck getting Iron Maiden to tour Australia again, like ever. :(
Oh my god.

Cannibal Corpse ...its only $45 a ticket!
You are SO helpful, I had no idea...

Skeeta said:
personally what i got him would depend on what he got me.

for example. For one anniversary i bought my boyfriend bought me a ring and dinner at some fancy shmancy resteraut. I bought him a pair of boardies, a hat and some undies

it erm. Didnt exactly match i felt very retarded afterwards.

so now i ask if we are we being functional or romantic
Actually that's happened to me soooo many times. I buy him some shoes and he buys me tickets to QLD. I'm like &#)@*!)(#*
So its my turn to be the better present buyer...

Oh, and as for functional/romantic.... no preference at all. I feel like I've worn out each of both..[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I have no idea about the Australian International Motor Show. It looks hella boring, so I thought I'd buy tickets for his mates? Has anyone been?
It's exciting for any boy who is remotely interested in cars! Can't wait to go this year. However, probably not an anniversary gift. The bright lights and the germs that happen when you jam 5000 people in a small space touching and feeling metal, leather and car doors isn't very romantic. It can also make you very sick (like it did to me when I picked up some killer virus from another motorshow atendee that took me months to get over).

Personally I think rings on guys look wanky and pretentious. I wouldn't want one.

My girlfriend bought me a nice watch for our 2 years. I liked that. But your bf probably already has one or you bought one for him already.

Last edited:

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I've been to the fox studios and it was awesome. Even ameture night.

And the sex.

HSC
If it was my boyfriend (doesnt really help you much but anyway) I wouldn't get him tickets to the motor show cos it would be OUR anniversary, its a great present if it was for a birthday or christmas or something but as someone else said, it should sorta be a thing you can enjoy together. I wouldnt pay for his mates to go out without me lol.

Would you get the ring engraved?

Clothes are always good, and since you have been going out for ages, im sure you know his style and what he would look good in...so yeah i'd go with that idea.

what else was there?

Comedy night would be good, that would be something fun for the both of you, but also the sydney bridge climb would be awesome.

i would go with sydney bridge climb and some clothes.

And you could always go out for dinner on the night?

EDIT: I didnt realise sydney bridge climb was so expensive...you could go skydiving for nearly that much...well not for 2 people, but still.

Last edited:

Skeeta

HSC
My b/f bought me tickets to Missy Higgins which happened to fall on our anniversary. Which was cool coz i dig missy higgins

cept it wasnt only us at the concert, it was also his brother, his brothers 3 friends, and one of their half sisters

everynametaken?

HSC
i'd probably go with the clothes / shoes / cufflinks, but instead of getting him a bunch of stuff, just get him one or two real real good things

oh and if your going to buy him tickets to cannibal corpse, and your going to go with, make sure you can stomach their lyrics, with songs such as I Cum Blood (lyrics: http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/cannibalcorpse/tombofthemutilated.html#2 ) and Entrails Ripped From A Virgin's Cunt (lyrics: http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/cannibalcorpse/tombofthemutilated.html#7) making for a fun filled family outing :jaw::jaw:

lengy

HSC
After the third year I'd probably want to spend time with my girlfriend at a mature venue where we'd be able to enjoy good food and entertainment, and a nice, thoughtful or practical gift within her budget but something I desire to a certain extent.

j_a_m_e_s

Big Member
HSC
Stroking the egos of men was always bound to get a big response and i'll go with comedy show. It's something you can both enjoy together and may be really spectacularly funny.:rofl:

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
i chose the ring, but really...

ok, sorry, i'm gonna mention sex. But find a really nice place to do it. Some real classy hotel or something, not just some red-light district apartment block.

I guess a ring would be kinda cool... just pray that he can appreciate it

-P_D

Project

Permanently Confuddled
HSC
lengy said:
After the third year I'd probably want to spend time with my girlfriend at a mature venue where we'd be able to enjoy good food and entertainment, and a nice, thoughtful or practical gift within her budget but something I desire to a certain extent.
Seconded. Personally I think 3 years deserves a good night out together, I vote for classy dinner, ring and a show/concert. Motor show tickets is a bit suss (unless you are both petrol heads) and clothes is a more regular gift you can give any other time.
Anyway, best wishes to the both of you.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
If it was me I would probably buy the ring & go out for dinner :)

woodwardbrett

HSC
If your looking for a schmick restaurant.... go to "Fire flies", its in the international terminal (boat terminal, as in QE2 etc) at darling harbour (next to museum of contemporay art)... so you could go to the museum if that is something you would both enjoy and then head to Fire Flies for dinner. i have eaten there twice and the food is absolutely magnificent. i think the last time i went (was actually a night out to try and save a broken relationship) it cost me around the $180 mak, which was excluding wine/beer etc (we had one glass wine between us as i had to drive).... and then after you could go for a walk around the harbour which is quite romantic or jump on a ferry for a cheap night harbour cruise.

you also have lunar park close by aswell, could be something different and fun for you aswell....

hope this helps... wish i had someone special to do that with...

:D

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'd definitely prefer the bridge climb, its exciting and even if its not his most favourite thing then at least you are spending the day together (thats the plan non?) doing something that neither of you has probably done before. You could probably throw in a nice restaurant dinner as well if you wanted - that never goes astray.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
brogan77 said:
As if spend $400 to climb up a large metallic structure.

Just pretend you work in one of the large towers in the CBD and go to the top floor and look out the window.

Same effect.
Or get a job with an engineering company which requires you to look at the bridge, and do it without a harness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)