• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Death Conics (1 Viewer)

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Sometimes the theory of "if you're doing crap, others're struggling, too" doesn't work. You'd better look at the fact that everyone is endeavouring a lot on the similarly simple stuff. If the test is easy, you do badly, others can get full marks actually! Over a few years, tips are more available and students have more times to look at tricks, tips and practise.

Conics is the most tedious topic in the world! integration is good. Volume is...cool!

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
Actually, from what I hear, conics is coming out of the HSC course around 2010-11... They're replacing it with statistics because only a few subjects @ uni actually hav nything 2 do with conics...

Pity that change wasn't this year!!!

PS: Am loving graphs because it is really easy!!! And integration isn't 2 bad either!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Undermyskin said:
Sometimes the theory of "if you're doing crap, others're struggling, too" doesn't work. You'd better look at the fact that everyone is endeavouring a lot on the similarly simple stuff. If the test is easy, you do badly, others can get full marks actually! Over a few years, tips are more available and students have more times to look at tricks, tips and practise.

Conics is the most tedious topic in the world! integration is good. Volume is...cool!
Of course, I'm stating the theory with the idea that you'd be confident with your abilities for 4unit.

i.testoni

HSC
We did conics for like half a term or something and i didnt do any of the hw as we went along. I like 4u but now i realised that i know nothing about conics!
anyone got any tips?

cccclaire

HSC
uh. I hate conics. In my opinion conics is the devil in subject form.
Mostly because the majority of the time I have no idea what its asking, particularly cambridge questions.
I found the same thing when I did 2u motion last year. The questions themselves are shit easy, but figuring out what its actually asking is the hard part. Generally in the HSC the put it in parts though, like
a)find this
b) prove this
c) hence blah blah blah
so its a bit more straightforward.

But yeh, I have an assessment task coming up, where 50% of the test is conics, and of that 50% half of it is "harder conics".
=[

This afternoon I'm going to try the conics diagnostic test in cambridge, might attempt a few 'further questions' too.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Diagnostic test is review.

Further questions is death.

cccclaire

HSC
But even diagnostic test can be awful sometimes.
I hate how cambridge jumps from shit easy questions to really difficult ones.
Like you'll be doing the diagnostic test and getting it all right thinking "wow 4 unit maths is so easy" and then you suddenly get to a question thats impossible and you just sit there going "wtfff?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)