Deciding on University Courses and Careers (1 Viewer)

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
Hey guys, I don't post much on this forum, but I guess I lurk around here every so often.

Anyways, I know the UAC applications are around the corner, and some of my friends are stressing with what courses to put first, whether they'd get in, what uni to pick, which semester to start in, etc. So, I wrote an article on how needless all this stress is. I reckon, just study, pick a course you want to get in, and if you don't get in, so what?

...a lot of sadness comes from the difference between our expectations and our reality. Have you ever had a bad day, where nothing seemed to work? You couldn't even do the simplest things, or nothing went according to plan? This is the world’s way of reminding us that we are only human.

A good friend of mine is a language teacher in a selective high school – a type of school catered for the academically gifted. When he had graduated from high school, he was clueless and his exam results were far from spectacular. By a whim, he picked up teaching, and now he loves his job.

So what can we learn from this language teacher?

Tough life decisions are not as serious as you think. Fate and fortune have a funny way of providing more for us than any predetermined path we set. The common cliche “if life gives you lemons, you make lemonade” means that one should use what life offers. Don’t focus on what you can acquire. Let the world do that. It’s your job to focus on what you can do with what you have acquired.

Can’t decide on something?

Flip a coin.....
Read Full Article

Tell me what you guys think. That, and correct some of my English; I'm not very good at writing, haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)