HSC
hey i do accelerated maths in 3u and 2u for this yr's hsc
got my results 93-2u
92-3u

im doing 4 u now
iv got the option of doing 3u again or keep it

i dono if i shud keep my 92 or do it again
is it worth doing it again
some older peers are saying to do it again cos your sure to get higher as 4u will help alot in 3u

others are saying keep it as yr 12 is hectic and you wont spend a smuch time on it as you did this yr

Wht do u guys think??

thanks nealos

P

pLuvia

Definately do your 3u again, you will definately get a higher mark if you repeat possibly 95+ if not 97+. And you have more time to revise it better hence more past papers to get done etc, and you can build up on your weaknesses and having a good solid background of 3u helps with 4u

aussiechica7

HSC
well done, u did really well!
keep it
with all your other subjects u r unlikely 2 do better.

nealos

HSC
lol are u sure to do it agian

theres the risk if i do it agian they take my most recent marks

plus is 4-5 more marks really worth it?

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Depends on what sort of UAI you're looking for. If you think it's enough for your target UAI, then keep it. If you think it'll fall short of it and/or you think that you could get a better mark on a second attempt, then do it again :)

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
As the others have said, doing 3U again in conjunction with 2U will most likely improve your 3U marks (because it has a lot to do with moderated averages and such).

Doing the material again will certainly help you master it all over again BUT I would suggest you go one further and perhaps TUTOR your peers in 3U. Teaching others means you really have to understand it properly. That will help you do SO MUCH better and help you to understand the ins and outs of the subject a lot better too. And practise those harder 3U questions that they use to distinguish between 3U and 4U candidates in the 3U exam.

I tutored 4U the year after I did it for the HSC and by the end of the next year I felt as thought I could have walked into the 4U exam and gotten 100%.

In the end it is up to you, whether you want to spend the time doing that extra Unit next year. But you already have 2 units under your belt, so your load should already be reduced to 10. I did 12 Units in my Year 12 (because this accelerated lark did not exist back when I did the HSC) and did not suffer for it because I also did a heap of other extra-currcula as well.

Good luck with your decision. And remember, at any time you can always drop the 3U and be content with your 3U from this year - particularly if 1. you think you may not improve the previous mark or 2. the load is too much - and just do the 4U next year.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Ask yourself if you can improve on your marks - 92 in 3u is still a great mark. In the end, as alcalder said, it's up to you to decide. I'd definitely recommend doing 4u - you certainly seem capable with band 6s in 2 and 3 unit. :)

BlackDragon

HSC
Yes i am not sure whether it is really worth doing 3U again. As one of the previous posters said, is it really worth putting in all the effort again (all the many assessments, study etc..) just for a few extra marks?

How many units are you doing otherwise?
If you do not do 3 unit again you might be able to score quite well indeed in some of your other subjects which will siginificantly boost your score. But if you do it again to get a few high marks with a slight decrease in your other marks its not really worth it.

I know someone who accelerated in 3 and 2 unit to do just 4 unit in year twelve. He did very well in 4 unit and pretty good in his other subjects.

nealos

HSC
BlackDragon said:
Yes i am not sure whether it is really worth doing 3U again. As one of the previous posters said, is it really worth putting in all the effort again (all the many assessments, study etc..) just for a few extra marks?

How many units are you doing otherwise?
If you do not do 3 unit again you might be able to score quite well indeed in some of your other subjects which will siginificantly boost your score. But if you do it again to get a few high marks with a slight decrease in your other marks its not really worth it.

I know someone who accelerated in 3 and 2 unit to do just 4 unit in year twelve. He did very well in 4 unit and pretty good in his other subjects.
Well im doing

phy 2
Sdd 2
Eng Adv 2
studies of re 1u
maths 4 u

but ye i think if i dont ndo it agian i can do much better in al lmy other subjects
cos im hoping for a uai of 90+

thanks for all help thpough guys

SeDaTeD

HSC
You must keep in mind that you would to know and remember all your 3u stuff to be able to do well in 4u. You could forget simples things that you've learnt for 3u that you are expected to know when you do 4u questions.

It would probably not take up much of your time at all, since you've already learnt most of the material, you would just need to fine tune and keep it fresh in your head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)