Declaration (1 Viewer)

Is this fair?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Only if she Declares all the outside assistance.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
HSC
Uni Grad
So, one person in my class is getting majority of attention from the teacher and also from her parents in helping her create her work. In the form of:
A complete wire frame constructed (parents)
Stitching parts of the work together (parents)
Pouring of parts of resin (teacher)
Constructing part of a mould (teacher)

Does all this have to be acknowledged somewhere: other than in the Visual Arts Diary.. as this is only seen when called upon. Is there a section on the declaration she must put all this in?

Is all of this work fair when no one else in the class gets any, and when approached the teacher tells us 'NO' we can't have anyone help us? But this student can?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Your teacher is an idiot if she helps only one student.

Report her to the real BOS and she will get in shit.

michaeljennings

HSC
yeah i hate it when teachers favour certain students... I hope this teacher gets what he or she deserves

samasaurus

HSC
Just because you don't do it all by yourself, doesn't mean it's not your art... look at Andy Warhol. It's a very post-modern idea, but this is art, after all.

Vidhya

HSC
Your teacher sounds like a prick, but if the kid's using help from parents etc, he could state it as a 'collaboration' because quite a lot of post-modern artists do that, like Patricia Piccinini, who gets others to actually make the sculptures that she designs. A lot of people disagree with 'collaboration' but it's pretty interesting considering that post-modern art is more about the idea or the concept behind an artwork. I think the 2011 Art Express had a pretty awesome sculpture but it looked reallyy professional so maybe the student got professional assistance, idk.
If you feel it's a bit unfair, keep in mind that the markers will have to be told if a student was assisted externally (I think), and they'll take that into account when they mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)