Deconstruction of the Results SMS (1 Viewer)

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Alright so bright and eary tomorrow morning we get our result sms' if you're signed up. I don't really konw what they mean though, the UAI is nice and simple, but these results have a whole bunch of numbers.

I've get the letter and can understand how to take it from SMS shorthand to the expanded version, but I still dont konw what the marks or bands are about.

Is the HSC mark our pure exam mark, or is it aligned and scaled according to our assessment mark and the hardness of the test?

What's with the bands?

From what I remember of year 10 it was band 1 - 6 lowest to highest. I get that, but what about extension topics? Are they E1 - 6 or E1 - 4 or something?

Oh and with the extension subjects, are extension 1 and 2 english out of 50 each and maths ext 1 & 2 (if both done) out of 100 each?

Cheers.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't read my post at all. I get those bits, just need some help with the band and marks in relation to extension subjects and such. Thanks though.

HSC
N/A
Extensions go from Bands 1-4 (and out of 50), normal subjects are 1-6 (and out of 100) :)

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
politik said:
ROFL, exactly what the pdf file tells you.
Maybe you posted the wrong PDF?

All that shows, in picture form, is me receiving a mock board of studies SMS on a heaps ugly phone. Says nothing about what the bands or marks mean.

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
Now tomorrow morning is going to be a very good day for pranks.
A very easy way to make an enemy, or hurt enemys already, is to send a 'fake' sms at about 5.50am to someone you know signed up for the sms service. U can either put in really bad, or really good results.

BE WARNED: MANY PEOPLE WILL GET REALLY REALLY ANGRY!

HSC
N/A
Aww comeon, that's a cheap joke... don't mess around with really stressed people, you might tip them over...into The Dark Side!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
Extensions go from Bands 1-4 (and out of 50), normal subjects are 1-6 (and out of 100) :)
I'll just add, since I know minushuman does them - when MX1 and MX2 are both taken then they become 2 unit subjects each out of 100 even though they are extensions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)