Defence Forces? (1 Viewer)

Azn fairies

lol..u people havn't apply yet ...i though it was over already ..i apply 3 month agoa...well the selections are hard..first of all they ask u questions like "if u killed someone what would u do?" aall those gay questions, then u have a test (basic knowldge)...then physcial test(u go in this space craft controlling thing)..then a interview (5 people interview, 5 generals as well)...well that waht my selection critia was for aero. enginerr..so yeah.. around 50 people made it with me ....

Azn fairies

by the way im also in year 12... and in not in ADFA yet ...but been selected so my UAI is lowed by around 5-8%..

chip

HSC
i have selection in canberra next week
been told its a panel of 3 and the tests havent been that bad

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by White Rabbit
It has great pay - and it's tax free so you get to keep your youth allowance :D I'm thinking of applying next year :)
it isn't tax free

only taxfree during the course

Azn fairies

Originally posted by kimmeh
what did u reply ?
well when i did the test the lady said that this is just a "FUN" test and doesn't count (but it did-waht a bitch ehhe), anyway so i said hide the body :p, then later when we had a interview witha pannle of 5, they ask me why i said this, and why i didn't say that- shit!!// o well at ;least i past.. :p

Azn fairies

Originally posted by jm1234567890
it isn't tax free

only taxfree during the course
well true it's tax free while ur doing the coures..aslo it's tax free if u work for them- eg. im doing aero. engerinnering and therefore i bee working for the airforce so it's taxfree :p

Azn fairies

i apply for aernotical engerinerring ....but im not sure if i want to go anymore- even though my place is secure- i want to do medicaine instead, so i might quite ADFA:p

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Azn fairies
well true it's tax free while ur doing the coures..aslo it's tax free if u work for them- eg. im doing aero. engerinnering and therefore i bee working for the airforce so it's taxfree :p

.... I'm sure when I asked them they said it wasn't...

i guess i was mistaken

Azn fairies

well it all depends on what coures u do...if u work for them but not under the airforce. etc. then it's not tax free.

eg) wokring under the UNSW but not for the governemnt(airforce)

chip

HSC
hey guys its not tax free no matter what your doing and for what service at every briefing and every interview and all the books i've read it says your still got to pay the normal tax rate for the amount of pay you are getting

hey azn fairy did you get the educational award is that why you got the laptop

Azn fairies

ummm don't know what it's called.. maybe it's the edu. award.

but i apply for ADFA 3 mooth ago and had the interview stuff 2 month ago and they only accpted 50 people.. and i was one of them...but i don't care how i got the laptop, as long as it's free :p

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Yeah reserves are tax free all the time, full time defence personel get tax free while one active deployment. Everyone who was in Operation Bastille and Falconer (Iraq) was paid tax free while there.

chip

HSC
ok azn fairy

hey did you have to go to canberra?
cause my osb is next week so that means i'll miss valuable study time.....

i need some advice about the osb from anyone else thats been there?

Sammmmmuel

yer id do it for sure if i could do it and live in sydney, but having to live in canberra would take me away from my sweetheart, so its a definate no for me... i will settle for being in debt and a job as a kitchen hand!

Azn fairies

yeah it's at canberra- that why im not sure if i want to still want to go or not. plaining to do some elese maybe medicine at USYD.

-> but i still get to keep the laptop :p so it was worth the effort

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)