• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Defer or Withdraw completely or soldier on (1 Viewer)

Wake Up

HSC
It's been 4 weeks and I am still procrastinating though I study all night before every labs and quizzes.
I am doing math1131,phys1131,comp1921 and engg1000 and honestly the lure to defer to next semester is really strong nowadays,especially approaching the census date deadline.
Another option is to continue until 22nd april (the deadline to withdraw without academic penalty) and see whether I can catch up with 4 weeks fall behind.

Can I catch up and do well (really well i hope) if I study hardcore mode everyday till 22 april?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
You can catch up. What do you mean by 'do well' exactly?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
you can catch up its still early.
If you defer, it'll just be the same next semester.

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
tbh all you have to do throughout the semester is complete the assignments or other assessable tasks.
All the content learning happens in the coming weeks before the finals
however throughout the semester you should have learn't some intuition

TheStallion

HSC
If you work very hard every night and still can't understand the content then I would consider dropping. However wait until a few exams have gone past, and see your results, you might think you're doing badly because you have some unrealistic expectation of how hard first semester is or something, but then you'll get into the exams and flog them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)