Deferring 2nd year (1 Viewer)

Ninga

HSC
Yeah, you can defer any year. I've got a friend who's currently deferring her honours year.

Fungrys

*lookin for wgong maccas*
HSC
Ninga said:
Yeah, you can defer any year. I've got a friend who's currently deferring her honours year.
hmm interesting... cos im kinda thinking i should have done a traineeship that was running this year... should be on again next year, so i might go for it... :uhhuh:

get some monaayy

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Be warned. Deferring means being away from uni. If I was away from uni for that long, I wouldn't want to go back. :) Hell, I'm away from uni for mere hours and I don't want to go back. :)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
natstar said:
Its not called deferring, its called taking a leave of absence. Deferring is only when u defer 1st year
Thank you, madamme university.

However, deferring is still the correct term. You are deferring the rest of your studies for one semester or one year. I doubt the people in building thirty-six care what you call it. A couple of clicks of the mouse and you're out of their hair for a while. :)

HSC
poloktim said:
Thank you, madamme university.

However, deferring is still the correct term. You are deferring the rest of your studies for one semester or one year. I doubt the people in building thirty-six care what you call it. A couple of clicks of the mouse and you're out of their hair for a while. :)
No need to be smart about it, maybe you'd know the correct terminology if you went to UWS, the best University in the Universe! (Uni... Universe, get it? hahahah)

HSC
natstar said:
oh ffs, i wasent having a go at anyone, i was just saying.

In answer to the question, yes you can "defer" your studies, by taking a leave of absence, of usually up to a year (i dunno what other uni's allow)

At UWS:
Leave of Absence
If you have successfully completed one or more units then you may apply for a leave of absence. The maximum period of leave you can take is 12 months at any one time.
So you think we should call it a leave of absence at UoW because you do at UWS? Have at you knave!

Edit: I stand corrected, it seems we've already taken heed of the superior example set by UWS:

"How do I go about deferring my studies this session?
You will need to put in an application for Leave of Absence. You will then be notified through the post of the outcome of your application. Should your application be successful, you can re-enrol in your following session subjects via SOLS during the next re-enrolment period."

from http://www.uow.edu.au/student/centre/faq.html#4

Last edited:

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
>_<

I don't care what it's called officially. It's known as deferring. Leave of Absence sounds like you work for the place. I'm sure my opinion of it would be very different if they paid me to go there.

HSC
natstar said:
And i dont care about what u call it either, you didnt start this thread. Obviously UOW also calls it a leave of absence.
The point being made was that Fungrys asked if they could defer second year, and that your helpful post said:
jesus said:
Its not called deferring, its called taking a leave of absence. Deferring is only when u defer 1st year
I'm saying, nobody gives a nugget what it's called, you didn't answer the question at all in that post, you just chimed in to correct them, useful++.

jesus said:
How do I go about deferring my studies this session?
You will need to put in an application for Leave of Absence. You will then be notified through the post of the outcome of your application. Should your application be successful, you can re-enrol in your following session subjects via SOLS during the next re-enrolment period.

http://www.uow.edu.au/student/centre/faq.html#4
Hmmm, maybe I've missed something, but that looks to be exactly what I posted earlier. Anyway, thanks for bringing it to my attention klah!!!

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
natstar said:
And i dont care about what u call it either, you didnt start this thread. Obviously UOW also calls it a leave of absence.

How do I go about deferring my studies this session?
You will need to put in an application for Leave of Absence. You will then be notified through the post of the outcome of your application. Should your application be successful, you can re-enrol in your following session subjects via SOLS during the next re-enrolment period.

http://www.uow.edu.au/student/centre/faq.html#4
That's already been mentioned. :) Welcome to three posts ago.

The purpose of this thread was to answer a simple question on postponing studies. Not on what admin calls a simple procedure, which to every student I've spoken to about the issue, calls it something else. :) I also believe you are in no position to be correcting what people type. :)

HSC
natstar said:
It was not useless. Its probably a good thing to know the correct terminlogy if he's going to ask for it.
Yeah good point, he'll say "Hi I want to defer" and they'll be all "OMGWTFDEFER?"

Anyway, I edited my post at 04:50 PM, and believe it or not that was to add the colon after edit (As I initially had a comma instead), so the quote from the UoW site was there some time before then. You posted four minutes after that, I don't see how I added the section after you posted, unless my time machine is finally working!

Fungrys

*lookin for wgong maccas*
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Seconded, and it's not like the initial thread said "Hey by the way, what's the official term for this?", Person just asked if they can be postponed, and yes, yes they can :)
Right.... cool....

:eek:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Haha top thread.

Sorry about yet another useless post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)