define: crossgrade??? (1 Viewer)

J0n

N/A
HSC
In the Fowler book, it says "An upgrade to the new version is offered to existing users and often a crossgrade is offered to registered users of competing products." - what exactaly is a crossgrade?

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Fowler bad. Davis good...

In regards to your question i havnt come across that terminology in the syllabus. Dont worry about it if its not there... Double check it though

J0n

N/A
HSC
I know Davis is better - i got that one too, but we use Fowler at school, and that is where our teacher will take the questions for for the test, so i am going to study that one first.

When I search 'crossgrade' on google, all i get is stuff about "acoustic systems"!?!

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by J0n
In the Fowler book, it says "An upgrade to the new version is offered to existing users and often a crossgrade is offered to registered users of competing products." - what exactaly is a crossgrade?
I don't remember coming across crossgrading either. But as I understand it, crossgrading is when you purchase software that 'crossgrades' you to a similar/equivlent version. Say you might have paid for the standard version of some software. Paying a discounted crossgrade fee you'll have access to the professional version's features.

So I would imagine in this case, if say you are used to using photoshop 6. I might be offering you a crossgrade of my own photo editing software for a cheap price to get you interested in my software.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by sunny
I don't remember coming across crossgrading either. But as I understand it, crossgrading is when you purchase software that 'crossgrades' you to a similar/equivlent version. Say you might have paid for the standard version of some software. Paying a discounted crossgrade fee you'll have access to the professional version's features.

So I would imagine in this case, if say you are used to using photoshop 6. I might be offering you a crossgrade of my own photo editing software for a cheap price to get you interested in my software.
Hmmmm i thought it was more like a redemption upgrade, whereby you purchase say Win2k, and then XP was released a few mths later and you can claim XP at a special offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)