define "Retreat from the GLobal (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Hey I'm doing "RFTG" as my module for English Ext 1 and I was wondering, what exactly IS "RFTG"? I'm not very sure... my teacher didn't really define it!
I need to know because I want to see if it links to my English Ext 2 major work!

Cheers. :drink:

Zenithliza

Hey babydoll. I studied RFTG for a year and I still dont know what the hell it is. Our teacher told us all year ' it will come together by the HSC'. It doesn't, but throughout the year you should learn how to dribble crap about cultural boundaries being eroded, and just rehashing the rubric. Sorry to be of no help!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
hmm thanks

Well I asked my teachers (and yes bubbi, i am from sefton) and they started spouting stuff about conformity and globalisation.. is that even close??

dissonance

yes. It, for our class, centred around how global values/products/ideas etc. are taking the place of local values/products/ideas.

Basically the idea that you can enjoy part of the global culture, even contribute to it but you have to remember your roots - your local values/customs/traditions/ideas in order for you to understand who you how and how you came to be --- thus you must retreat from the global to find out what YOUR values are rather than live according to global ones.

er, hope that helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)