definition.... (1 Viewer)

Ellie999

HSC
can someone give me a concise definition on 'casual agent of a disease'? thanks:wave:
p.s. are there anny difference b/w bectors of disease and insect vector? i thought both meant the same thing-arthropod that acts as a carrier of a pathogenic orgnism...

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
not sure bout the first part
but i reckon vecotrs of disease and insect vectors are the same?
cept, vectors of disease may be through any medium...air, water, or insects so yeah same thing imo, same idea of transmitting disease via a vector.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Ellie999 said:
can someone give me a concise definition on 'casual agent of a disease'? thanks:wave:
you mean causal agent, right?

But, yeah, i'm not too sure either on how to define that. sorry :)

vectors are any organism (often insect or rodent) that carry disease, and an insect vector is just one type of vector.

zingerburger

HSC
I've read this question before but never thought that it might be "causal" agent. But the question makes sense now.

The causal agent for a disease is anything that causes a disease (hehe). For example, there are environmental diseases caused by (guess what) the environment (e.g. radiation causes cancer), pathogens (i.e. viruses, bacteria etc.) that cause infectious diseases (vectors are responsible for carrying the pathogen between hosts) and inherited diseases caused by genetic information passed from parents.

I know that wasn't a concise definition but does that help?

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
yeah, i don't think you can really have a concise definition of 'causal agent of disease', because it's kind of a concise definition in itself...

unless, the syllabus/question specifically asks you to define 'causal agent'... then, what zingerburger said... ^^'

Ellie999

HSC
hey thanks people for gr8te help!
no the definition wasnt in the syllabus (because i havenet even had a look at it) it was in excel book...
anyway, must go off and study english...:sleep:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)