im impressed...
thanks for all the contirbutions
anyway i was wondering...

does anyone have any good definitions of the following things:
dramatic conventions
dramatic styles
themes
dramatic form?

for essay writing with these things i have no idea waht to write so anything would be helpful :)
thanx a million
tams xoxo
ps:i have my trial tomoro :S
pps: good luck to everyone in their trials and performances in the next few weeks

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Is the issue that you don't understand the difference or do you just want smart sounding def. to go into an essay :)

The way my teacher always described it was the forms and conventions are what the playwright creates, they style is how YOU dress it up.

OR

Dramatic Forms/Conventions: Aspects of the play such as structure that are inscribed by the playwright in the play.

Dramatic Styles: The aspects of production inscribed within a PRODUCTION! These are specific to the director.

Tams

Will_Sparky said:
Is the issue that you don't understand the difference or do you just want smart sounding def. to go into an essay :)

The way my teacher always described it was the forms and conventions are what the playwright creates, they style is how YOU dress it up.

OR

Dramatic Forms/Conventions: Aspects of the play such as structure that are inscribed by the playwright in the play.

Dramatic Styles: The aspects of production inscribed within a PRODUCTION! These are specific to the director.
hey sparky...
lol the issue is i dont kno and i did hell bad in my last essay cause of it :p

so are u saying that dramatic forms and conventions are somewhat of the same thing?

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Ooo, Sparky got a wink.

Hello Tams. For further reference for those definitions refer to the Drama Syllabus available on the Board of Studies as there is a comprehensive list of useful terms and definitions...

Tams

thanx skillo ;)

lol i did my trial and *major fingers crossed* i think i did ok :p

funny thing was they didnt ask about the forms :p

5 down one to go

and good luck to everyone with performances next week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)