Degree in a day (1 Viewer)

monique66

Hey did anyone get invited to this? If so, what courses are you planning to do once at Syd Uni? I'm thinking the law and media & politics ones look intersting...

Pointy Ears

HSC
Hi. I got nominated. I picked pharmacy and psychology :)
Hope to see u there.

monique66

Do you have to tell them what choices you want? I haven't registered yet, the teacher only gave me the application form today.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
What exactly is this "Degree in a day"? I admit to being confused, do you go to a class from your chosen degree? Or is it something else?

Pointy Ears

HSC
Its a Sydney uni, and basiccally it lets every school nominate a certain number of students to attend. They have a range of, i guess, mini tutorials about particular areas, and you pick 2 to go to- one in the morning, one in the afternoon, as well as 2nd prefernces in case you dont get your first. Its in the holidays though. And yea, your teacher gives you this form, and you have to register online- i guess they dont want multitudes of students coming, which is prob y they have to be nominated.
The thing is, i go to a western suburbs school, and they only let us nomnate TWO students! like, WTF!?!?!??! How unfair is that, cos i know a lot of ppl in my school who deserve to go.

karpov

HSC
N/A
how many people get to go from other schools?

karpov

HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
how do u get into these, do u have to be given a form or anyone can go??
usually your careers adviser or year director takes care of these things, so i guess you should ask them.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Pointy Ears said:
Its a Sydney uni, and basiccally it lets every school nominate a certain number of students to attend. They have a range of, i guess, mini tutorials about particular areas, and you pick 2 to go to- one in the morning, one in the afternoon, as well as 2nd prefernces in case you dont get your first. Its in the holidays though. And yea, your teacher gives you this form, and you have to register online- i guess they dont want multitudes of students coming, which is prob y they have to be nominated.
The thing is, i go to a western suburbs school, and they only let us nomnate TWO students! like, WTF!?!?!??! How unfair is that, cos i know a lot of ppl in my school who deserve to go.
haha, I probably won't get to go or anyone from my campus- lazy tafe principal :chainsaw:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Pointy Ears said:
only 2 people?

we had 6-8 if I remember correctly, mabye more.

do you go to a small school?

mishka

HSC
N/A
I went to something similar at Wollongong last year... it was called Discovery Day and it was basically a chance to have a look around the uni and suss out the faculties :) it was good fun!

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I did it last year (our school sent a strangely large number of students... close to 20?) and it was fun and relatively interesting but it's nothing particularly special. I did the nerdy rubik's cube one (crash course in combinatorics I geuss) and the CSI (cool science investigators...) one. The latter was more amusing than anything else. We were taking down quotes such as "I can never say no to an exhumation!". All in all the best part was the free pizza :D.

monique66

Just for the record only 2 students from ANY school are allowed to be nominated. My year advisor asked me if i wanted to go and i said yeah. So maybe you could try and get in contact with your principal or something? They'd know more than i do :D

Pointy Ears

HSC
Oicic. 2 ppl from each skool. Yea, it looks like fun, and it would be helpful particularly if you wanted to do a particular course at Syd uni, so go and do wat Damnation said :)

Am so disapointed because i didnt pik Cool Sceince Investigations. I hadnt read it before i picked my preferences, and like, reconstructing a face loooks really intersting. Too bad we cant change em aye?

monique66

@ Pointy Ears: what school do you go to?
Is anyone else going from your school? Another girl from my school is going but we're only doing one of the same lectures (media and politcs) oh yeah...and the forensics one does look cool but i can't do it coz i wanna do my other options more. So many choices...
Do u actually wanna go to Usyd? I so want to do combined law...that'd be so cool but the uai is so damn high! meh...i suppose i'll decide what i want to do on dec 16th..

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
damnation said:
Just for the record only 2 students from ANY school are allowed to be nominated.
hmm technically that's not right.
20 people from my school could go.
then they opened it up to the whole grade (this was last year). but i went to a selective school.
anyway i didnt go, but all the people who did said it was good. it was sorta like an intro to uni and some of the things you can do, mainly through discussions and talks and stuff. but they said it was really interesting, and definitely worth going!

monique66

What school? buko or something right?
I think they've narrowed it down this year a bit. Maybe not, i dunno...i just read they email they sent my principal and they said that a max of 2 students were allowed. Maybe it was different last year or its just my school...*shruggs*
Anyway, hope its good :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)