Degree Majors (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Nutrition & Dietetics. Then I'll try and get into Graduate Medicine. If I don't get in, I'll do Masters Nutrition.

staree

HSC
N/A
im a third year arts, second year education student at UNSW. originally wanted to do a history and psychology major but then dept of education withdrew psychology as an option and now im starting a new major in English.

Yes. I am going to be an English/History high school teacher. Shoot me.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Science: Microbiology (like Dexter from the Offspring, he has a PhD in Microbiology w00t)
Arts: Japanese linguistics, Korean too if I can fit it in

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
santaslayer said:
Eh? So no science major? Or double major? The science of marketing? :p :confused:
its BSc (biotechnology) major in marketing .. umm just because I'm not too keen on taking all sc subjects .. it annoys me too much.. and the advisors said it would be better for me to do a bsc and major in marketing rather than a marketing course and major in science .. pfft everythings too complicated :eek:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
does anyone have an opinion on philosophy...or a language?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Language rocks, but unless you stick it with another (commercially marketable) degree then good luck buying a house. As for Philosophy...well, I suppose Academia is a career too. Same thing again for the house though.

MoNNiE

HSC
Civil engineering - transportation or structural.. we shall see when yr 4 comes!
i wouldn't mind doing a lang - german.. but psht.. my mum won't let me..

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lexicographer said:
Language rocks, but unless you stick it with another (commercially marketable) degree then good luck buying a house. As for Philosophy...well, I suppose Academia is a career too. Same thing again for the house though.
lol. Yeah. I just can't decide on an interesting and viable meal-ticket...i mean...im not sure that I want to be an accountant for the rest of my life...!

Oz

HSC
thinking either economics / finance and international realations or inter business. anyone who does these care to point in in the right direction?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Bachelor of Arts/bachelor of Economics at ANU.

BA:
Majors: International Relations and Politics (sounds sexier but has same content as poloitical sceince which ANU also runs.. for an unkown reason)/History, american or eurpoean studies need to think more.
Minors: Spanish, demography, anthropology sociologly or Philosophy

BEc: dont get to choose in economics.

A D average would be good. I plan on doing Honours in international relations. A job with DFAT or another internationally oriented dept would be good.

As far as philosophy being unmarkatable a good example is the British system, the adage goes that if you study classics or philosophy you will either go into academia or intelliegence. The meaning being that courses like Philosophy are so demanding mentally that only the best can do them. Companies are not looking for people who have been trained in a certain field (with the execption of practical things like engineering) they are looking for people who ahve been trained to think in a certain way. For example to view the world through a legal paradigm or a political one. Hence philosophy graduates are highly desirable to employers as they are the best trained thinkers.

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
B Business - major in accounting
B Computing- major in Software engineering.

The thing is, I'm not sure if i've made the right choices, So could you guys tell me which one is better or broader or more well-regarded? Accounting or Finance? I was asking the Careers people and they were saying It's better to do Finance, because Finance is more higher level than Accounting, and Accounting, you can just do a fast TAFE course on it.

I was also worrying about my Computing choice. Beacuse i'm doing a double degree, i'm worried that it doesnt match with my bUsiness degree, and that i'm wasting a sub-major that i'm not going to utilise in my future career. There's still time for me to change into something like IT management or internet buisness technology or something. What do you guys think?

Thanks ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)