Degrees and Careers (1 Viewer)

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
For those who are doing double/combined degrees or those planning to do another degree eventually, which do you plan on using as your primary degree and which as your secondary degree (be it as an indicator of the profession/field you plan on going into).

i.e. for me at this stage:

Primary: Laws

Secondary: Communication

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
I would of loved to do BSc (Nutrition) & BHSc (Exercise & Sports), but ohhh no, the UAI had to go up to about 1 point over my UAI.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
For those who are doing double/combined degrees or those planning to do another degree eventually, which do you plan on using as your primary degree and which as your secondary degree (be it as an indicator of the profession/field you plan on going into).

i.e. for me at this stage:

Primary: Laws

Secondary: Communication
Usually the LLB side is your primary degree (in reference to Cps)

But yea,

Primary: LLB
Secondary: B Commerce (Accounting)

But i wouldnt mind using accounting as my primary degree as well, with law being a support degree.....me wanna gets in the Tax & Law Division! :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Well I keep changing my mind about what course/courses I want to do, but I have been aiming to get accepted into a Bachelor of Business for quite some time. However, I thin k I have changed my mind again and want to do a Bachelor of Finance, which will be a challenge in itself to get accepted into. If I can somehow get accepted into a combined degree, I was thinking about doing B Finance/B Economics, because they seem to work well with each other. However, people on this forum seem to believe that a Finance/B Laws is more sought after:).

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Merethrond
Well I keep changing my mind about what course/courses I want to do....
hahah...me too! and I thought I was the only indecisive one!

for me its either media production or accounting/laws...
The only media production course I'm interested in is the one at UTS...not sure about my chances of getting in....if I don't then I guess I just wasn't meant to do that course!

santaslayer

HSC
Well I keep changing my mind about what course/courses I want to do, but I have been aiming to get accepted into a Bachelor of Business for quite some time. However, I thin k I have changed my mind again and want to do a Bachelor of Finance, which will be a challenge in itself to get accepted into. If I can somehow get accepted into a combined degree, I was thinking about doing B Finance/B Economics, because they seem to work well with each other. However, people on this forum seem to believe that a Finance/B Laws is more sought after:).
do what you want, stuff others comments...:)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
do what you want, stuff others comments...:)
Yeah, but if I do what I want to do and don't get a job, then where will that get me:(?

HSC
N/A
Yeah, but if I do what I want to do and don't get a job, then where will that get me:(?
OMG!! that's exactly what I keep thinking!! Cause business is so boring...but if I do what I enjoy I'm not sure where it'll get me!?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by boredofschool
OMG!! that's exactly what I keep thinking!! Cause business is so boring...but if I do what I enjoy I'm not sure where it'll get me!?
That is similar to me, because I quite like Finance/Business/Economics but I don't know if I would like Law, but considering you need Law to do well in this industry, I might have to do it and see how it goes:).

suz

HSC
using law as my primary degree and my arts degree is basically to suit my personal interests

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Primary: B Commerce (Economics & Business Law)
Secondary: B Arts (Resource & Enviromental Studies)

Economics gets me the job I want, ResEnvSt is basically a focus on Resource & Enviromental Economics due to the subject strands I chose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)