• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

delta english tutoring (1 Viewer)

oot123

HSC
N/A
any reviews on delta english tutoring? is it really as good as it says it is?

i was going to do the trial for the centre and then i saw it was a $385 3 WEEK TRIAL. it is actually insane.

is it really worth your money? what makes it different from other colleges? other recs for great english tutoring centres?

gmenoza

HSC

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
any reviews on delta english tutoring? is it really as good as it says it is?

i was going to do the trial for the centre and then i saw it was a $385 3 WEEK TRIAL. it is actually insane.

is it really worth your money? what makes it different from other colleges? other recs for great english tutoring centres?
Hey oot23,

I'm very glad that you've asked this question. Our three-week trial includes the following components, with nothing further payable if you decide Delta isn't worth continuing with:
  • A one-hour academic consultation involving yourself and your parents with a NSW state-ranking staff member where all parties can discuss their approach to English in the context of the wider HSC and your ultimate goals. Your parents are required to attend for the purposes of transparency: we need them to know what they're spending their hard-earned dollars on and provide them every opportunity to voice their concerns and question our qualifications. We find that many parents turn up at the consultation skeptical, but the vast majority decide to enrol on-the-spot towards the end of the hour.
  • A one-hour individual lesson with a NSW state-ranking staff member who will review your recent progress with assessments and diagnose what your main issues with English are. For many of our students who attend selective schools, the common theme seems to be an inability to understand the importance of engaging with the question throughout their response. The problem is rendered more difficult to address for students who don't have a history of reading for pleasure, but it's very rare that we can't fix this by getting you to practice by setting you very specific clinical exercises that leverage the parts of your work you do well.
  • An essay (preferably one of your recent assessment tasks) marked by a NSW state-ranking staff member with at least 750 words of feedback (you can find samples of marked essays on our website, I'm not allowed to link them here). Our comments will absolutely destroy your work - - with the intention of reconstructing your entire approach over the course of the upcoming term. We'll try our level-best to push you as far into the A-range as possible, but we really need students to understand that the more you're struggling, the more your approach has to be 'dismantled' before we can really help you internalise what the rubric is asking of you.
  • Attendance at three (3) two-hour weekly classes taught by a NSW state-ranking staff member, usually someone more senior. I'll keep this one brief since I'm getting fatigued typing on my phone (lol) but there's plenty of information about our classes, and everything else, that's clearly structured on our website. Our classes are all really small and are text-specific in Year 12. You also get three weeks' of relevant course material (also text-specific for HSC classes) that you get to keep if you decide to walk away during the trial.
  • Unlimited email support provided by a NSW state-ranking member of staff. Access to our facilities for yourself and your friends (even if they don't come to Delta). A generous cooling-off period if you eventually decide to enrol. Administrative support, etc.
I am very, very sorry to hard-working students who can't afford Delta but the costs of running the business are astronomical. Even with the $385 fee, we lose $200+ on every three-week trial enrolment that fails to proceed to permanent enrolment; there are all sorts of operating expenses that people don't even know about, but are necessary to guarantee our students access to the very best support possible throughout the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)