Delta English Tutoring - A Warning (1 Viewer)

sydcpu

HSC
*Made on a new anonymous account - I will explain why in my post*

I was a former Delta student 3ish years ago and it was absolutely amazing back then. I would not have gotten into Medicine because of them and it is because of people like me and the students they helped back then that they have such good word of mouth in the community.

BUT - Let this be a warning, they have CHANGED DRASTICALLY in the past year. They are NO LONGER WORTH THE MONEY and any good rep they have from before cannot be trusted. Let me explain their changes:

In my Year 12, Delta costed approximately $10,000. This might seem wildly expensive, but they offered me the following in exchange:
  • Unlimited essay submissions which were always looked at within 2 days
  • A weekly class that SPECIFICALLY for students from the same school.
  • Unlimited private lessons whenever you like
  • Termly(ish) payments, and anytime refunds
Sounds pretty neat, especially when you realise that all of that is taught by experienced (3+ years of experience on average) state-rank teachers.

Now I will show you what Delta is like NOW, which is when I tried to enrol my brother:
  • Essay submissions, but with 4 day response times
  • Weekly class accepts students from all schools (EVEN IN YEAR 12)
  • 5 private lessons per term. $165 PER HOUR TO BUY MORE, AND YOU HAVE TO BUY 5 AT A TIME
  • One-off payment for the ENTIRE YEAR, NO REFUNDS after four weeks.
All of this for the new price of $10,650. Yes you're not misreading that: You are getting way way less and paying more, and being locked in before you realise it's not worth it.

The thing is, they did the changes in Term 1 of this year but and lowered the price to $9000, which is reasonable I guess, or the receptionist made it seem that way.. BUT they decided to pull a switcheroo in Term 2 and sneakily put the prices back to the old prices without the old inclusions things. That was just blatantly dishonest of them and that move singlehandedly lost any trust and goodwill. Delta baited students in with a lower price and hit them with a higher one after wasting a term of their time.

And heres the worst part: If you somehow can't pay all 10000+ in one go {Crazy!}, or you don't want to be locked into a whole year at Delta {So Crazy!}, this is what you get when you try to pay termly:
  • No private lessons
  • One week MINIMUM to mark your essays
  • Just one class per week
And your STILL PAY $2685 per term. Thats $10740 per year. You pay $2685 per term and the ONLY thing you get is one class and one essay marked every week. Nothing else. And that class is lower quality than it was before.

I would have posted this and put my name where my mouth is if I was dealing with the old Delta. But the new Delta is just plain dishonest, from the sneaky price rise in Term 2 of this year (after falsely telling everyone that its more affordable now), and the fact they literally blackmail students who leave them bad google reviews. Don't believe me? Just look at their non-5-star reviews on Google and you can see what Im talking about. They are locking students in with their year-based package because they know that 5 credits per term is not enough, and force the students to pay their ridiculous prices if they want more.

Obviously, my brother wont be enrolling at Delta, but I dont want anyone to fall for the scam that they have become.

Someone on the inside also told me there are some issues with staff VS management there but I wont comment on that until they do it themself.

TLDR: Delta has changed for the worse and their tuition service quality has dropped. Their prices have risen and you should not trust them.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
*Made on a new anonymous account - I will explain why in my post*

I was a former Delta student 3ish years ago and it was absolutely amazing back then. I would not have gotten into Medicine because of them and it is because of people like me and the students they helped back then that they have such good word of mouth in the community.

BUT - Let this be a warning, they have CHANGED DRASTICALLY in the past year. They are NO LONGER WORTH THE MONEY and any good rep they have from before cannot be trusted. Let me explain their changes:

In my Year 12, Delta costed approximately $10,000. This might seem wildly expensive, but they offered me the following in exchange:
  • Unlimited essay submissions which were always looked at within 2 days
  • A weekly class that SPECIFICALLY for students from the same school.
  • Unlimited private lessons whenever you like
  • Termly(ish) payments, and anytime refunds
Sounds pretty neat, especially when you realise that all of that is taught by experienced (3+ years of experience on average) state-rank teachers.

Now I will show you what Delta is like NOW, which is when I tried to enrol my brother:
  • Essay submissions, but with 4 day response times
  • Weekly class accepts students from all schools (EVEN IN YEAR 12)
  • 5 private lessons per term. $165 PER HOUR TO BUY MORE, AND YOU HAVE TO BUY 5 AT A TIME
  • One-off payment for the ENTIRE YEAR, NO REFUNDS after four weeks.
All of this for the new price of $10,650. Yes you're not misreading that: You are getting way way less and paying more, and being locked in before you realise it's not worth it.

The thing is, they did the changes in Term 1 of this year but and lowered the price to $9000, which is reasonable I guess, or the receptionist made it seem that way.. BUT they decided to pull a switcheroo in Term 2 and sneakily put the prices back to the old prices without the old inclusions things. That was just blatantly dishonest of them and that move singlehandedly lost any trust and goodwill. Delta baited students in with a lower price and hit them with a higher one after wasting a term of their time.

And heres the worst part: If you somehow can't pay all 10000+ in one go {Crazy!}, or you don't want to be locked into a whole year at Delta {So Crazy!}, this is what you get when you try to pay termly:
  • No private lessons
  • One week MINIMUM to mark your essays
  • Just one class per week
And your STILL PAY $2685 per term. Thats $10740 per year. You pay $2685 per term and the ONLY thing you get is one class and one essay marked every week. Nothing else. And that class is lower quality than it was before.

I would have posted this and put my name where my mouth is if I was dealing with the old Delta. But the new Delta is just plain dishonest, from the sneaky price rise in Term 2 of this year (after falsely telling everyone that its more affordable now), and the fact they literally blackmail students who leave them bad google reviews. Don't believe me? Just look at their non-5-star reviews on Google and you can see what Im talking about. They are locking students in with their year-based package because they know that 5 credits per term is not enough, and force the students to pay their ridiculous prices if they want more.

Obviously, my brother wont be enrolling at Delta, but I dont want anyone to fall for the scam that they have become.

Someone on the inside also told me there are some issues with staff VS management there but I wont comment on that until they do it themself.

TLDR: Delta has changed for the worse and their tuition service quality has dropped. Their prices have risen and you should not trust them.
Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 9.52.35 pm.png
ok wtf bruh i thought dymocks tutoring bribing u with discounts for leaving 5 star reviews was bad... 💀

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Yk NGO is the only tutoring centre that isn't like this and not money driven. Our tutor told us not to attend the paid masterclasses after the course ends cuz u could just study at home instead of paying to do exams here and stuff unless ur stupid. Its also really good in terms of service and availability and the teachers are passionate and its actually affordable by people. Having known the history and the values of this centre and the owner and director and having met both of them, they are genuinely people that care about your future in the world. They teach you dicipline which is one of the most important factors when you transition into adulthood and i have become so much more mature now than how i was when i started NGO. Clearly centres that start from humble beginnings are the ones that can keeps its values intact and free from corruption. Its kinda messed up ngl how high prices are at some centres and the amount of people that go here, just to get a mid mark like 90 or something. wouldn't even say its worth it unless ur going for med at all.. or tutoring in general at that point. Plus i dont think anyone gives a crap abt state rank tutors- ur smart doesn't mean u can teach and iv'e experienced this my whole life. But its also the school systems fault that teaching is 60 atar and hence most people who want to do well get tutors that are still in uni but somehow better trained at teaching than most teachers with degrees?
(im turning into pethim but for NGO)
--> my random stream of consciousness cuz im procrastinating on my assignment rn

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
like honestly tho most of us r just lazy to learn like instead of learning stuff myself i prefer to go to tutoring so they can teach it to me and i can easily understand it instead of spending 10 extra minutes on the textbook... so its really just people that aren't lazy whom i admire the most i.e those who don't go to tutoring to get work done.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Do they still make you bow at the receptionist btw? I remember the director giving a massive lecture about it, in the middle of the entrance exam... 🤣
nah i have never bowed for maths but i when i went for english for like a term in y10 we had this new teacher who wanted us to bow even tho its not a thing (in the parra campus atleast) so idk what he was on.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
I think ngo only hires Vietnamese ppl tho.. nothing wrong with that but i really wanted to teach there after graduating...

nsw..wollongong

HSC
listen fam i just use atar notes class lectures and ngl i would recommend it to everyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)