• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Delta vs guy - Who is YOUR Australian Idol?? (1 Viewer)

Delta or Guy - Who is YOUR Australian Idol?

• Delta

Votes: 90 76.3%
  • Guy

Votes: 28 23.7%

• Total voters

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i don't think she's the best actor. guy can put on an indian accent :D

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Yeah, she can't act that well which is evident on her role in Neighbours. And she can't sing well live either.

Amryllis

HSC
Bad acting in Neighbours? Didn't Delta win a best new actress Logie or something? I didn't think she was that bad. Her character was just withdrawn at first. How much of her acting did you actually see? Her character did develop into a very confident girl, who takes steps to get what she wants (that's like... when she comes back from Bollywood :p ).

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I dont hold the Logies in very high regard in terms of rewarding true talent in acting in Australian television. I dont watch that many movies or TV but Delta does not have that natural uncanny factor in her acting. It really is cringeworthy.

Last edited:

0Jade0

HSC
Logies are voted by people who read TV Week...... There's your explaination
anyway my vote goes to guy.

Amryllis

HSC
Delta's in that new movie Hating Alison Ashley based on the novel. I wonder if she's any good in that one? Maybe her acting has improved since Neighbours.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I saw her in a recent American soap and omg...it was awful. It was like she was plopped on the set and left with no instructions. She was truly out of place. Now let's put this in context. American soapie acting is appalling. Delta was WORSE. Her singing bit was the only good part.

Amryllis

HSC
So I guess you only like her as a singer then ey?

American soapies... *shudders*

e.g. The Bold and the Beautiful.... (Sorry if anyone out there is a fan...)

Edit: Hold on... By American soapies I mean the ones that run for half an hour every week day... Not the one hour weekly ones!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
They're all awful. I know that Delta is passionate about acting and all and perhaps she will get better as she gains confidence but honestly, as a Delta fan saying this, she sucks at acting.

uwsstudent

HSC
it has to be guy

guy's pop and R&B have the soulful feeling coming out, though delta does compose, definitely guy suits my taste

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Amryllis said:
Bad acting in Neighbours? Didn't Delta win a best new actress Logie or something? I didn't think she was that bad. Her character was just withdrawn at first. How much of her acting did you actually see? Her character did develop into a very confident girl, who takes steps to get what she wants (that's like... when she comes back from Bollywood :p ).
Winning a gold Logie is not about best acting talent it's all about the popularity with the public. Whoever gets the most votes wins.

Amryllis

HSC
Well... That sucks...

I guess now that I come to think of it, I always thought that Delta's acting was lacking in something... I sometimes just attributed it to her character on Neighbours - Nina was too bland. But then again... It's probably Delta's acting hey?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)