Demand for CSU places rise (1 Viewer)

whatsupdoctor

HSC
Demand for CSU places rise

21 Oct 2008

Demand for an undergraduate place at Charles Sturt University (CSU) in 2009 has grown significantly according to figures released by the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).

The number of prospective students listing CSU as their first preference for a university course in 2009 has increased by 13 per cent over 2008.

“This rise demonstrates that the University is travelling particularly well in a very competitive higher education marketplace,” said Executive Director of CSU Division of Student Administration, Mr Geoff Honey.

The new courses for 2009 in dentistry and oral health at Charles Sturt University at Orange and Wagga Wagga are the latest in the University’s ongoing course profile renewal.

Albury-Wodonga; education and allied health courses such as occupational therapy and physiotherapy were most popular. A change in the student intake for nursing from mid year to the start of the year has been favourably received by prospective students.

Bathurst; demand for communication courses remains very strong as is demand for courses in education, exercise science, nursing, paramedics and policing.

Dubbo; national priority areas in education and nursing were the most popular.

Orange; experienced a significant increase in demand for places. The demand was well up mainly due to the new dentistry course, while interest in pharmacy continues to grow.

Wagga Wagga; applications for the new course in oral health are extremely healthy. Veterinary science/veterinary biology experienced strong interest as did animal science. Demand for accounting, medical imaging, pharmacy, and primary teaching was strong as was demand for photography, acting and television production.

UAC will accept late applications until Thursday 5 February 2009. For more information prospective applicants can contact the University on Freecall 1800 334 733

http://news.csu.edu.au/director/latestnews/Charles%20Sturt%20University.cfm?itemID=1C9DBC03EE27CECA90C7DB1F7509110A&printtemplate=release

Interesting news. Good for the university.

HSC
Ummm... no.

Charles Sturt University was formed after the The Charles Sturt University Act, 1989 (Act No. 76) was enacted by the Government to merge the then seperated 'College of Educations' that existed in Bathurst, Albury and Wagga (Which was a merger between the Agricultural and Teachers College). CSU celebrates its 20th Anniversary next year.

And yes, there has been quite a demand for CSU courses ranging from Pharmacy to Acting. The School of Visual and Performing Arts (SVPA) has seen intake doubled for some courses, like TV Production.

HSC
In addition, University of Technology, Sydney, was also reformed by seperate colleges under an Act of Parliament by the NSW Government in 1988.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
yeah um, i was being facetious

whenever anybody bags out csu, you just say YAH and they have nothing

boris

Banned
HSC
fucking csu retards cant even retard a retard.

boris

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
yeah um, i was being facetious

whenever anybody bags out csu, you just say YAH and they have nothing
Whenever someone bags out csu you just have to go to the cottage crawl and see how shit they all are and how two 18 year olds can party 2 times as hard and lose 2 times as many shoes.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
boris said:
Whenever someone bags out csu you just have to go to the cottage crawl and see how shit they all are and how two 18 year olds can party 2 times as hard and lose 2 times as many shoes.
dont get my account banned, homo

lachlan43

boris said:
a) How does losing shoes indicate you partied hard? That just indicates you were enough of a moron to lose your shoes.

b) What's wrong with saying "twice as many" instead of "2 times as many"? Seems like a retarded thing to do to me, but hey, I'm not the one who gauges a good party by the amount of shoes lost.

HSC
boris said:
Or lose digital cameras....

katie tully said:
i don't think newkid got invited to cottage crawl this year, you're a bit sensitive dude.
He sure did get invited, by me.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
my friend did that. lost her wallet, digital camera, house keys.

pretty weak effort though guys, ya'll were in bed by 11:30 WHICH WAS WEAK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)