Demonstration for Iran (1 Viewer)

company_sin

HSC
Hi Everybody -

I'm sorry to spam you all with this and hope you don't mind.

This Saturday, at 2pm in Martin Place, the people of Sydney will unite in solidarity with those who have taken to the streets of Iran to protest the continuation of Ahmadinejad, the Supreme Leader, and the Revolutionary Guard’s reign of blood, torture, death, and terror.

This is a peaceful demonstration to express solidarity, to show support, and to emphasize unity.

This is not a forum to air political ideologies and to offer disparate critiques, irrespective of their relevance. Such a request does not preclude those groups whose voices are often heard the loudest in Sydney demonstrations but, rather, encourages a more unified front in support of those men, women, and children of Iran who continue to pay in blood thirty years after the rise of the Revolutionary Guard.

The greater the mass, the more unified the voice, the louder we will be heard. A message must be sent across Australia: we demand an end to those Evil forces raping the beautiful nation of Iran.

Please, attend this demonstration to show support for your fellow human beings.

RSVP at the Facebook page here: Login | Facebook

Laika_

Banned
HSC
i personally support the president of Iran so ner

occer

HSC
N/A
The replies so far have been shit.

This is a good cause.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Hi Everybody -

I'm sorry to spam you all with this and hope you don't mind.

This Saturday, at 2pm in Martin Place, the people of Sydney will unite in solidarity with those who have taken to the streets of Iran to protest the continuation of Ahmadinejad, the Supreme Leader, and the Revolutionary Guard’s reign of blood, torture, death, and terror.

This is a peaceful demonstration to express solidarity, to show support, and to emphasize unity.

This is not a forum to air political ideologies and to offer disparate critiques, irrespective of their relevance. Such a request does not preclude those groups whose voices are often heard the loudest in Sydney demonstrations but, rather, encourages a more unified front in support of those men, women, and children of Iran who continue to pay in blood thirty years after the rise of the Revolutionary Guard.

The greater the mass, the more unified the voice, the louder we will be heard. A message must be sent across Australia: we demand an end to those Evil forces raping the beautiful nation of Iran.

Please, attend this demonstration to show support for your fellow human beings.

RSVP at the Facebook page here: Login | Facebook
Good cause. Unfortunately I don't live in Sydney.

I hope Google will change it's logo to green and link to the Iranian election rigging for a day as it's been asked to.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Harming or killing innocent people is not my style, but I agree with Ahmadinejad that Zionism has nothing to do with Jewish people.
Ahmadinejad: Zionism has nothing to do with Jewish people - Israel News, Ynetnews
His Holocaust denial rhetoric merely contradicts any other claims he has that he has not let his anti-Zionism become anti-Semitism.

On the other hand, Iran has an amazingly accepted and tolerated Jewish community, but this is more due to the lasting good grace of Ayatollah Kohmeini, the first Supreme Leader of Iran than Ahmadinejad.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Good cause. Unfortunately I don't live in Sydney.

I hope Google will change it's logo to green and link to the Iranian election rigging for a day as it's been asked to.
I don't. I support the anti-electoral fraud cause in Iran, but it's not their place to take a political stand and publicly support a political party, which is similar enough to the current administration granted with a few basic humanitarian concessions like equality of the sexes - I can't see that going to good places.

Lentern

HSC
I don't know these are good ideas. Generally rallies are to lobby governments eg climate emergency was supposed to encourage the government to make greater strides toward reducing our carbon footprint. But the dillemma here is strong action about the issue are likely to simply drive the support of Ahmadinejad. Peter Hartcher wrote a good article the other day in which he argued that the Iranian President has fed off the anti Iranian sentiment put out by Bush, Blair etc where otherwise his support would have dried up long ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)